“Bait & Switch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to this placed based on the Trip Advisor reviews and found the absolute worst dinning experience my family & I have ever had. Upon being seated, the chairs were dirty. Then, it really went bad. Placed 3 orders for the prime rib, 1 king cut rare, 1 queen cut rare & 1 queen cut medium rare. What they brought out was 3 queen cuts that were medium to well done. And, tasted like shoe leather. I had the trout, which tasted liked it was frozen store bought tasteless garbage. Upon getting back to our cabin, 3 of my family spent the rest of the night fighting for the bathroom. If this is the 2nd best rated resturant in Hayesville, you will be better served to travel a little further for a good meal.

2  Thank Ken M
There are newer reviews for Cottage Salad Station and Deli

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After reading Trip Advisor, we went to the Cottage Salad Station for the first time. It is so seldom that you see a decent salad bar and this one looked so good, we both decided to get it. Everything we tried was freshly made and delicious! Nothing was overly-seasoned or had too much mayo....just perfect in every way. One serving on a large dinner plate was $6.95 and was plenty for me. My husband got all-you-can eat for $8.95 and enjoyed every bite. And, the coffee was delicious and they kept filling your cup. The waitress was very pleasant and we would definitely return.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have friends in Murphy, NC and love to stop for lunch when ever we are in the area. The food is excellent and the service is friendly beyond belief! The pies look delicious, but not for those of us who are dieting!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had seen a reference about their homemade pies so had to check it out. My husband and I stopped in for dessert. Great little place with family run feel. Very friendly and clean, quaint decor. Lots of pies to choose from that were indeed homemade and very good. Adjoining deli which had great looking sandwiches. Need to return for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The daily special dishes are generally pretty good but they almost always run out of the one you want. Most everything else (not the daily specials) seem a little over priced for the area. Breakfast seems to be a better deal.