“Amazing little diner”

Cuisines: American
Edinburgh
“Amazing little diner”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on vacation from Scotland and loved this place. A gallery of amazing things, brilliant cookie sundae and a great chat with owner Lil. If we lived here this would be a regular stop.

Canton, North Carolina
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

As I walked into this log cabin style resturant with the large front porch.. I felt like I was stepping back into time.. at my grandparents place. As this was my great-grandparents old general store! I am thankful that Shelia . brought it back to life... Love that she has my family members photos there to remember previous owners..and was kind enough to make me a copy!

There were guests playing checkers, kids laughing and such a great atmosphere!... so unlike the chain resturants...We were offered popcorn as we waited on our food.. Loved the antiques and old reminders of days past throughout the place. Loved the soda shop type bar...

Ice cream is perfect. loved the chicken salad too..My son promises it was the best Philly cheese steak ever! . So glad I ran into a local resident-friend that suggested my visit there! We will make this a must see when there in the area! So glad they have given new life to this place!-memories our kids can remember .

• Visited July 2014
Brandon, Florida
“Cute little "general" store/restaurant.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stumbled across this cute spot while visiting some friends in Hayesville. Cute decorations, old school nick-nacks and decorations that took me back to my childhood. Food was average but worth a quick stop.

• Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Cool, fun place!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The food and service were wonderful. We enjoyed the atmosphere very much. It was like an old general store. The owners took 6 years to restore the building. Its wonderful. Their ice cream is delicious.

• Visited September 2013
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Great li'l place :)”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stopped in for lunch while staying near Hayesville. Cute decor, great food, good prices. We had a hotdog, blt, cheeseburger, and chicken salad sandwich. The chicken salad was especially good, and the potatoe salad as well. Milkshakes were wonderful, and staff were friendly and attentive. They offered for us to bring our dog on the back porch so could be with us while we ate. Neat place, friendly service, great food.

• Visited July 2013