“Small town gourmet dining”
Review of The Copper Door

The Copper Door
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Hayesville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hiawassee Street
Description: Fine dining in Historic Hayesville, NC. We feature the finest steaks, fresh seafood and signature dishes to please the discerning palate at prices that won’t break your budget. Come enjoy the intimate atmosphere. Our attentive staff will anticipate your needs and insure that your dining experience is exceptional. We are one block west of the old Clay County Courthouse, next door to Square One Interiors by Design. We are two hours west of Asheville, two hours north of Atlanta and two hours east of Chattanooga. We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Fantastic restaurant in a VERY small town. Staff does a fabulous job and Chef Dennis' offerings are BIG CITY choices. Hayesville is most fortunate to have this caliber of dining available. Excellent wine list, intimate bar for pre-dinner drink. Enjoy!

Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Who needs the city, right? Thanks so much for your continued patronage!

There are newer reviews for The Copper Door

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My friend booked a reservation here. We arrived to Hayesville a bit early and n had an hour to kill so we drove around looking for a watering hole which none we're to be found. Hayesville is really nothing to brag about so I was beginning to have my doubts about eating here. Boy was I surprised! The dining room is large with a two sided fireplace in the middle for all guests to enjoy. Tables were set with white linens. Our meal began with popovers which were sinfully rich and delicious. Seriously unforgettably good! I had the pork chop which was carmelized perfectly yet medium as ordered inside. Our waitress was knowledgeable about every entree and had good knowledge of their extensive wine list. I was blown away that a place this good existed in this area. This is a must do if you are serious about good food and fine dining.

So glad you enjoyed your experience and we exceeded your expectations! Hope you'll visit Hayesville again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere with service to match. Everything from the appetizer to the main course and desert was Fantastic. the steak and
scallop was grilled to perfection ,the quality was top shelf,
My Wife and I will return for another
Treat.

2  Thank JLGuess

Wonderful! We'll look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've had dinner here twice while attending classes at nearby John C. Campbell Folk School. The food is excellent, as is the service. It is a sophisticated, beautifully decorated environment. Our salads were maybe the best we've had -- spinach, goat cheese, blueberries, strawberries and a crunchy, tasty sesame topping. Just the right amount of honey-lavender dressing. Popovers with a soft butter with honey and creole mustard. My crab cake was ALL crab, no filler at all. A sweet red pepper and corn sauce. My husband really enjoyed his huge ribeye steak. For dessert, molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream (get an extra scoop), raspberry glaze, topped with Heath bar crumbles. We were stuffed and happy! We discovered an issue with our credit card and were made to feel comfortable and trusted. Everyone was so nice about it. We've traveled and eaten in some fine restaurants. Little Haysville, NC, has one of our favorites.

Patti - sometimes there are just advantages to being in the kind of town where most people leave their doors unlocked! Hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have visited the Murphy area several times in the last few years and always wanted to eat at The Copper Door. We had a two week vacation in June and finally had dinner here and had such a great meal we returned a week later ..The food was excellent , the service was also .
I had the shrimp with grits and was impressed with the well balance of flavors prepared by the kitchen staff .My wife had the duck breast and was also a well prepared dish .
The restaurant also serves the most delectable popovers to start ,a very nice change from bread or rolls . My wife and myself have been in the food service business for years , and I am very difficult to please , I would say you would be very hard pressed to find a better place for dinner in the area .
We look forward to returning in October for a fireside dinner ..............

PS.....the bar makes a great drink !!!!

Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

That's what we like to hear! Look forward to seeing you in October!