“Disappointed”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hiawassee Street
Description: Fine dining in Historic Hayesville, NC. We feature the finest steaks, fresh seafood and signature dishes to please the discerning palate at prices that won’t break your budget. Come enjoy the intimate atmosphere. Our attentive staff will anticipate your needs and insure that your dining experience is exceptional. We are one block west of the old Clay County Courthouse, next door to Square One Interiors by Design. We are two hours west of Asheville, two hours north of Atlanta and two hours east of Chattanooga. We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
Young Harris
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I were given a gift card so we went for dinner. The atmosphere was very nice. The service was polite, friendly and prompt. However, our food was just not worth the money. Being that we had a gift card it was hard to be too upset but I kept thinking “Had I been paying for this I would be pretty upset.” With that said, my problem was with the main course, the dessert was very good.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank giantmetfan
Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I am so sorry you were disappointed in your experience, and entree. I'd love to hear more about what you had for dinner and how you feel we could improve - feel free to email me at ada@thecopperdoor.com.

atlanta, georgia
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have enjoyed several meals and find both the food and service to be excellent. The waiters are knowledgeable and attentive. Enjoy the variety of specials offered as well as the usual items on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you! We're so glad you enjoy the restaurant. Hope you'll have a chance to dine again soon!
Griffin, Georgia
“Cooper Door”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food was excellent along with our waitress. Disturbing was the fact that we arrived early and asked politely if a table was available. The head waiter guy (bald with a frown the whole time) said very deliberately "your table is occupied". No mention to us that unfortunately there was nothing available at the time.......just in your face your table is occupied. No kidding we arrive 30 minutes early but maybe you can work us in? This was the only bad spot but not what I was expecting right off the start. Everything else was wonderful but the owner/head waiter needs to improve on his table manners.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank eeritter
Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We apologize for the unpleasant start to your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience; we value your input and your patronage. We've addressed the issue and look forward to your next visit.

-Dennis Barber
Chef/Owner at The Copper Door
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Delicious food and excellent service even though with a very large group, Staff very attentive to all our needs. Very pleasant experience. Highly recommend for nice evening out

Visited June 2013
1 Thank bubbe2008
Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We're so glad you had a great evening at The Copper Door! Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next visit!
“Best in the area”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The combination of the quality of the food, service and ambiance is tops for the region. I have a second home nearby, and will eat here at least once a week whenever I am in the area. The wine list is noteworthy and their monthly wine pairing dinners are taste and information treats - in fact I schedule some of my visits to the area (from my "permanent" NYC home) around the dates of the wine pairing dinners so that I can attend.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Andy L
Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We're always glad to see you on your trips to Hayesville - hurry back!