“value stay--not fancy but clean and comfortable”

Days Inn Burlington East
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haw River
Macon, North Carolina
“value stay--not fancy but clean and comfortable”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed here 1 night to visit my son & grand kids. We had a king room on the second floor in the back of the hotel,and there's nothing but woods behind this facility. So the back rooms are preferable,and second floor is quieter. Nice big bed, micro zap,small refrigerator coffee maker, small sofa and table with light and wi/fi and plug for computer in desk lamp. Room was clean and quiet. BE AWARE--there is NO elevator if you have any concerns in this area. Stairs were not a problem for us,but you should know if you have any mobility problems. Breakfast was adequate with juice, cereal, some rolls and make your own waffles,coffee,milk--no yogurt.Bathroom was clean,and shower had a massage shower head that worked well. Overall,nice night's sleep for a very reasonable price. I would stay here again when I next visit my son. There is an outdoor seasonal pool,but it looked to be on the small size. 2 truck stops nearby,but otherwise you'll have to drive an exit or two on I-40/85 to find restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room facing the back. Much quieter with woods behind you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I drove up here to attend a childhood friend's wedding. It was very conveniently located off of the interstate and was very quiet. The staff was very helpful and even offered a crib to us when she saw our son. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was plenty of room for all three of us and our portable crib. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TaylorB09
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This place was clean, staff was helpful, and continental breakfast was decent for the money paid. Just off of interstate 40 about 2 minutes. A 24 hour Dernny's is next door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hammonton,NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Very nice staff accomodated us very quickly and kindly, we had just checked in & very quickly checked out of another hotel in the area. We were here for a funeral and had several families with us rates were very decent. The lobby & hotel room was very clean. Parking very close, Wifi worked great. Air conditioner was pretty quiet. Bed was a king and very comfortable, all furniture was in great shape. The tub did leak a good deal but kept the bathroom door shut and could not even hear it. Iron worked great, tv could use an upgrade, some channels were hard to hear, remote needed batteries. Did not have any problems with outside noise at all.The room had lots of space as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times while visiting my boyfriend and his family. I have never made use of the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on the quality. Overall, the rooms are good, but not great. I have never had major issues with anything, but cleanliness of the property as a whole could be a bit better. The hallways almost always show signs of sloppy cleaning jobs: some trash strewn about, spilled liquids staining the carpet. The rooms I have stayed in have been fairly clean, but aren't anything special. The staff is very friendly and helpful as far as giving directions or helping to make reservations. I only knew they had a pool this last trip, but unfortunately it was closed during my brief stay.
Price-wise, this is the cheapest, decent hotel in the area that is convenient to my boyfriend's home. Although overall cleanliness leaves a little to be desired, it is far from terrible, and well worth the lower-than-average rates I usually get. This hotel would be best for short term stays, like the weekend trips I have used it for, or for those travelers who are looking for a room cheaper than can be found in Burlington or Greensboro.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellydancefae
southeastern us
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I can't make it to the Days Inn because of frozen roads and this ice storm (Jan 30 2010) and they will not refund my money when I canceled. Very, very poor policy. I'm out $50 because of poor customer service...

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank kundaflame

Travelers are raving about these Haw River hotels

Boston
Reviewed December 15, 2009

This hotel was disgustingly dirty. Blankets were old and had stains as did curtains and rugs. The bathroom was even worse. The walls were stained with who knows what. The lights in some of our 3 rooms were broken as was the nightstand as were the phones. It's hard to believe othere reviewers didn't see this dirt. I had access to 4 rooms total and all were awful. Plus, the back door was kept unlocked for truckers- Hotel right next to 2 large truck stops. I was told by one staffer that this was done routinely. I will add that the staff (all but owner) were very accessible and helped us as much as possible. They did wipe dried spills off walls, replaced one phone (said they didn't know if it worked etiher) and replaced moldy shower curtain. My advise- do not bring children to this hotel. If you're on a college visit, book early and stay somewhere else! Pool was closed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Mebane
Hampton Inn Mebane
#1 of 2 in Mebane
Holiday Inn Express Mebane

Been to Days Inn Burlington East? Share your experiences!