“Gets you the very basic, and nothing more.”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
“Gets you the very basic, and nothing more.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed here late one night because there was nowhere else for a 30 mile radius. After over an hour of searching, we checked in. The clerk was kind of sarcastic and didn't do much behind his little glass case. The room was like a greenhouse and it took a while to cool down, but it was fine once it did. The bathrooms were wretched and by far the worst part of the room. We didn't even shower because we felt unclean just by looking at it. I didn't even use the toilet whilest there. The main area was decently clean and had old furniture and an older TV. The sheets smelled fine, but not fresh. It was very baseline all the way around, except for the bathroom, which was practically unusable. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2011

A neat place to spend the night, I travel to this area often and find it handy to spend the the night in Havelock. The rooms are clean and secure and close to your parking, which I like. I have stayed here often and never had any problems.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Tennessee
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I checked in September 12th at about 21:30. As my family and I were going to the room, we saw men chasing women on the top balcony. When I opened the door to the room the smell was of a damp dungeon. The room was old and had an old style heating radiator. I immediately returned the key to the office and told the clerk that we could not stay there. She said that she could NOT refund the money because the manager was not on duty. There was another man arguing with the clerk about being banned from the hotel because he had his pit bulls in the room. The clerk’s shirt looked like she hadn't washed it in over a year. It had a big stain over her white t-shirt with her pregnant belly showing. I wasn't going to hang around and risk endangering myself or my family. If I had to rate this motel according to the star system, I would give it a NEGATIVE FIVE STARS.

• Liked — The Swimming pool was filled in and had grass growing
  • Disliked — They will take advantage of you by refusing to give you your money back
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Havelock hotels

Witt, IL.
Reviewed July 5, 2005

My daughter and I stayed here one summer while visiting my son at Cherry Point. The room was very clean, and they put a fridge, and a microwave in our room, since we were staying a whole week. The rates were also very reasonable. If we went back to Havelock, we would try to stay here.

Stayed May 2002
4 Thank Shirley L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Quality Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!