“A day at the beach”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Greenville, North Carolina
“A day at the beach”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My 80 yr old grandmother wanted chance to see the ocean so I drove her to Atlantic beach for the day. I wasn't expecting much at the Days inn in havelock, but I would have to say I was surprised. I thought the staff was very nice and the rooms were clean.Made reservations for 3 rooms, one being handicapped accessible, and they were all clean and comfortable. Breakfast area was a little small but it was ok. Since our rooms were right there, we just took our food back to the rooms. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were clean which made for a good night's sleep...I would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
TARBORO
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Breakfast area was very small, which limited guests. The building was freshly painted with new rugs throughout. Its an older building which is in the process of being updated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

SEAGROVE
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Days Inn in Havelock, NC is the most horrible place we have ever stayed. It is owned by foreigners and they do not care about their guest. I made a reservation ahead of time, but when we got to the hotel, our room was not available! Waited for a while, and finally they put us in a room. Well, the toilet was leaking profusely, So, housekeeping turns into maintenance, who later turned out to be owner. He tried to fix the toilet, but informed us he would have to take the toilet out of the floor and would that bother us? Well, yes it would. We just spent 4 hours on the road, you want us to go out back and dig a hole in the ground to take a crap ?!?! After arguing with the guy, they moved us to a room upstairs. Right off the bat, the cigarette smoke hit you in the face when you opened the door! Tobacco stains everywhere, burns in the bedspreads. It stunk to high heaven! The India guy refused to discount our stay for these problems and Days Inn has yet to respond either. My advice, stay away from Days Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Havelock hotels

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Checked in quite late so had to do usual checks through the glass which is always a worry. However, room was very spacious and beds were comfy as usual. Breakfast was also good although no waffle maker. Was surprised that the breakfast room was quite small although we were the only ones eating at that time. Good value and lots of amenities and places to eat nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have always stayed in Days Inn when traveling and must say that I am really disappointed with this particular overnight stay which was pre-booked. The price for this motel was ridiculous and I have stayed at road side motels that were nicer than this for a lot less money. First of all, it was 95 degrees outside and the middle of summer. The common hallways throughout, both upstairs and downstairs were stiffling hot with no air conditioning on at all. Additionally, the hallways had an odor and also a musty smell to them. My reservation was booked upstairs and the heat was even worse in the halls. There is NO ELEVATOR in this motel and the stairs are extremely steep. This was difficult for my mother who was traveling with me. As a result, my room was switched to a downstairs unit. I thought that once I got through the hot, smelly halls the room would be better. NOT. The air conditioning was not on and the mini fridge was unplugged. I requested a smoking room as I am a smoker, however, the stale stench of smoke in the room was overwhelming. I had to make several trips to the office--only one bath towel, to complain about the room stink, and because I thought the fridge was not working. The front desk clerk indicated that the cleaning staff unplug the fridges and it did eventually come on. It took several hours to get cool and I had to purchase another drink because my hot drink took until morning to get cool. I was given some spray for the room, which did help immensely. The room was supposed to be a double bed, but it is more like a full--be warned in case you are used to a bigger bed. For the positives, the night clerk was extremely nice and helpful even with all of the many trips to the office. The day clerk was nice as well. The continental breakfast was exactly as shown on the web picture, with the exception of bananas. The television channels are many and included HBO which was nice. Value for the money-no. Oh and there was a total of 6 cars that stayed here on the night that I did. My impression is that they are cost cutting. However, this particular motel needs a major overhaul for the prices they are charging.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
#5 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Days Inn Havelock? Share your experiences!