“good moderatly priced hotel”
Review of Days Inn Havelock

Days Inn Havelock
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I am employed at this days inn and really do not understand the negative reviws.At this time we are undergoing renovations which include all new wallpaper carpeting and furniture which would explain the furniture in the hallways.We are an older hotel,however we ARE clean and moderatly priced .So maybe people should look at pictures of the hotel BEFORE they book a room here!! If you are expecting a 5 star room go to a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Just returned home from 2 days.2 nights at the havelock days inn....terrible smell, ragged carpet, dirty! dirty! dirty! old furniture in hallway.. cleaning person left cleaning items in room yesterday and did not empty out trash..told front desk, reply "sorry 'bout that"...no excuse for DIRTY! and the parking lot dirty as well..dumpster running over. disgraceful place....could hear all the noises from room above us and the hallway.water temperatures changed all the time in the shower....disgusting place.will choose one of the others in town for the next visit.
sally mcdaniel
ohio

Room Tip: to get a good room, do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 4 days and 3 nites since my Marine son was coming home from Afghanistan to Cherry Point MCAS...I chose Days Inn because I have stayed in them before, mostly on the Eastern shore of MD and have been satisfied in the past...this one however was the most poorly managed hotel I have ever encountered...check in took 45 minutes...the hotel hallways and room were "old" looking, and not well cleaned. The bathroom had long hairs in the tub and on the floor. I did not see any bugs or anything (including bed bugs) but had many other problems...The sink in the room did not drain properly. The hair dryer did not work and when I asked for a new one I was told they would write it up and I would get one the next day. The TV had cable, but every station was very "snowy". I also asked for an extra pillow, as the bed only had 3, and was never supplied one. The shower water was constantly changing temperature. One day after getting the room cleaned, we were left with 1/4 roll of toilet paper ,no extra rolls. The pool was filled with leaves and debris, due to hurricane Irene, but when we got there the storm was past 2 days, and they did not have the pool cleaned and ready for use til our checkout day. They did however, grant us a half hour extended check-out time as my son had to get off work to take us to the airport, but no one notified the maids, as they just opened the door with me and my wife sitting there. They asked why we hadn't checked out yet and I had to explain. WILL NOT STAY IN THIS DAYS IN AGAIN..

Bill & Carol
Baltimore MD

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The place was dirty when we got there. I personally found a bug in my bed. My room smelled like mold. Most everyone complained about itching and finding bites on their bodies when they woke up. It obviously had a bed bug infestation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Bed bugs everywhere, stained sheets, smelt terrible, fridge didn't work.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were going on a low budget trip. You got what you paid for. The hotel was clean. The only complaint was that there was no fitted sheet on the bed, only two top sheets which made it difficult when sleeping but not a major deal. Good service as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nawerder
Reviewed November 3, 2010

This hotel smells in the hallway, but that is nothiing compared to the incredible mold in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Econo Lodge
#6 of 7 in Havelock
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Days Inn Havelock? Share your experiences!