“Perfect place for one night.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Havelock

Hampton Inn Havelock
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
“Perfect place for one night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

This certainly won't be the nicest hotel you ever stay at, but for what it is, we give it 5 stars. We had a 10 hour drive from NJ and needed a place to stay before we could check into our vacation home for the week. We initially booked a room at the comfort inn in Havelock based on reviews on trip advisor and were horrified. We booked a double non smoking room and were given a smoking room on check in. The woman at the front desk was very nice and changed our room, but when we walked in, the room was still dirty from the previous guests-trash, unmade bed, towels everywhere. We promptly cancelled our plans to stay w/ them and after a quick search on our smart phones found the hampton inn a couple of miles away. We got a king size non smoking room for $109. Very clean, spacious, room had a microwave and fridge which was nice. Hotel offers 24/7 free coffee and has a continental breakfast from 6 am to 10 am. Had a workout room which was tiny, but up to date equipment. Had a treadmill, elliptical and a multi purpose weight machine. Was able to get in a nice workout before the beach.

Staff here was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Would def recommend this hotel for short stays, might be a but limiting for a longer vacation.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank megan810

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I would stay here again. The location was convenient. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was clean. Complementary breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

We were treated like family from the moment I walked in the front door, starting with the night desk staff. Deb was on the desk and she had patrons with tons of issues that were beyond our reach and she dealt each of problems as if they were her own. All of the staff members we all encountered for our 3 day stay treated us the same. Thanks to Deb as our first contact to this Hampton Inn, she set the tone for our stay and the entire staff followed suit. The rooms were clean and inviting. The breakfasts were wonderful. Coffee was always hot and fresh hot no matter what time of day. I will stay here every time we visit our daughter.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lpn17327
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

My parents, my daughter and I stayed at Hampton Inn when we were going down to Cherry Point to see my brother off to Afghanistan. The staff were very kind and helpful. Our room was very clean actually the entire hotel was very clean. You always make your first impression at the entry way and when you first walk in it is clean. I would definitly recommend visting the Havelock visitors center, it is tucked away back behind the hotel very neat to see the planes used and to read about them. It is definitly worth the money spent. The only down fall is that I recommend taking winter gear even this close to the beach it snowed 6 inches while we were there and yes there was a snowman on the beach!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Durham NC USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

There are not a lot of options in Havelock, so I chose Hampton because of consistently good experiences elsewhere. It worked out well for me. The lady who checked me in at the front desk was very friendly and sociable, the amenities were as advertised, and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I don't do breakfast but it smelled pretty good as I left each morning! It's a little more expensive than other options in the area, but I'd rather pay a little more and avoid unpleasant surprises that "value" hotels seem to excel at. Been there, done that.

I came here for a Blue Angels air show at MCAS Cherry Point, and this Hampton is extremely convenient to the base. Plus there's a retired USMC jet sitting on display in the front yard of the hotel! What more can you ask for?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Fine hotel for a few days while working at the base. Clean enough and great location, with restaurant next door. Decent breakfast as well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank membc
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

I love staying at the Hampton Inn. Every time I am in Cherry Point I try and stay here because there are NO other even halfway decent hotels in the vicinity. You would have to travel to either New Bern, or Morehead to find anything else which makes a long drive to the base. This hotel is in a good location and within minutes to the base.

The rooms are very cozy, and the beds are the most comfortable out of most of the places I have stayed over the years. Most standard hotels opt for the cheapest hard beds, but not the Hampton. Their beds are soft and inviting. The bathroom is always stocked with good toiletries and towels. The suites even have a whirlpool tub which is very nice and large. Being a rewards member they will somtimes upgrade me to a suite if one is available for no extra cost. The rooms seems to also be well insulated because I have never had or heard loud guests next door like I usually get other places. I have always had a quiet stay, and didn't have to worry about getting woken up by screaming kids or slamming doors.

Breakfast is a nice thing, and I hate it when a lot of these newer hotels are stopping with the free food. The Hampton offers a good selection which changes daily. It's not the best but it's free right so I can't complain. The french toast is my favorite. Some are confused with the way you prepare it, but my technical mind finds it very simple and easy. The meals are frozen and you have to microwave everything according to the number on the package which corresponds to the same number and picture on the micro. It doesn't get any more simple, but some people just don't pay attention and I see them getting upset that their food didn't cook right, but it's because they didn't follow the like 2-3 step directions. I'm sorry but if you fail at this small task then how do you make in life? You could even grab a to go bag in the morning which has a muffin, cereal bar, apple and water. They are available at the front desk, along with fresh cookies in the afternoon/evening on the way back in.

The staff has always been very friendly and helpful to me. I see there are some reviews about bad staff, but don't pay attention to them. I think those were just bad isolated incidents because they have always been good to me with any issues brought up. The maid service is also very thorough and perfect. They all do a great job here at making your stay the best. I would much rather stay here than a Marriott which is supposed to be out of the same league, but really it's not. I would rate the Hampton Inn chains much higher.

Their pool is also very nice and kept clean. It's refreshing in the summer week nights where you just can't go running all the way down to the beach.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Hampton Inn Havelock? Share your experiences!