My husband and I recently travelled to North Carolina for the birth of our first grandchild. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Havelock. I cannot say enough about the staff, they were, each and every one we encountered, friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was what you would expect for a Holiday Inn - it was clean, the bed was comfy (loved the choice of soft or firm pillows), Our room was showing a few signs of wear - chipped plaster around the air conditioner and in the bathroom - but all in all nice. The air conditioner controller was remote and could be controlled from the bed which was a nice perk. My only issue with the room was that I booked a two room suite - my husband is a night owl and I like to go to bed early - I specifically booked the two room suite so I could close the bedroom door and sleep and he could be in the sitting area. There was, however, no door on the bedroom - so while he did stay in the sitting area watching tv - I could see the light from the tv and could certainly hear it clearly even though he had the volume low. Had I known there was no door, I would have saved the extra expense of two rooms and just booked a regular room since I could see and hear the tv anyway. To me, if there is no door, it isn't two rooms, it is just one big room with two tvs. The breakfast was hot and very good - more than I expected for a complimentary breakfast - pancakes on demand, warm cinnamon rolls, cereal, breads, muffins, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee & tea. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and very clean even late into the breakfast hours. There was also lots of info on local attractions available. If we return to the Havelock area, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Havelock boasts 95 single, double, and executive style suites. Kitchenettes, jet bathtubs, and glass showers are among the upgraded amenities. All hotel rooms are equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, daily newspaper, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. We offer a Complimentary hot breakfast each morning consisting of fruit, hot/cold cereal, assorted bakery items, eggs, pancakes, biscuits, gravy sausage and our famous cinnamon rolls. For your convenience we offer complimentary use of our business center, fitness room, and indoor pool. The Holiday Inn Express is centrally located near various restaurants, MCAS Cherry Point, Coastal Carolina Regional Airport, Atlantic Beach and is only fifteen minutes from downtown New Bern. We look forward to making your stay a relaxing and enjoyable one!** If you have trouble finding our location on a GPS please use the address 201 Tourist Center Dr. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Havelock
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock Hotel Havelock