“Decent, clean hotel. Great staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to North Carolina for the birth of our first grandchild. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Havelock. I cannot say enough about the staff, they were, each and every one we encountered, friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was what you would expect for a Holiday Inn - it was clean, the bed was comfy (loved the choice of soft or firm pillows), Our room was showing a few signs of wear - chipped plaster around the air conditioner and in the bathroom - but all in all nice. The air conditioner controller was remote and could be controlled from the bed which was a nice perk. My only issue with the room was that I booked a two room suite - my husband is a night owl and I like to go to bed early - I specifically booked the two room suite so I could close the bedroom door and sleep and he could be in the sitting area. There was, however, no door on the bedroom - so while he did stay in the sitting area watching tv - I could see the light from the tv and could certainly hear it clearly even though he had the volume low. Had I known there was no door, I would have saved the extra expense of two rooms and just booked a regular room since I could see and hear the tv anyway. To me, if there is no door, it isn't two rooms, it is just one big room with two tvs. The breakfast was hot and very good - more than I expected for a complimentary breakfast - pancakes on demand, warm cinnamon rolls, cereal, breads, muffins, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee & tea. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and very clean even late into the breakfast hours. There was also lots of info on local attractions available. If we return to the Havelock area, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor and it was very quiet and only a short walk to the elevator. It f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear mollyonh,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize about the two room suite and sincerely hope you were able to get a good night's rest. We are glad you got more than you expected with breakfast and were able to easily find information about the area. We look forward to you staying with us next time you are in town visiting.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My daughter and I Came from Pennsylvania to visit my son-in law stationed at Cherry Point. This Hotel was very convenient to everything, easy check-in and check-out. Room was clean and housekeeping did a superb job, staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was affordable, I give this hotel a rating of AAA++++ Please take advantage of the tripadvisor.com for your Hotel ratings like I did, I was so glad that did my research. Had a relative that bragged about how cheap his room was but when we went to his hotel to meet him (his family), the hotel was not clean at all and while we were visiting I was sitting in their room and looked down on the side of the bed and there was a cockroach...long story short, just because you think you got a much cheaper price doesn't mean anything!! Thank you again for a wonderful stay and I will be booking again when I come back down! :) Yvonne Shaffer

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Yvonne S,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very pleased to hear that your check in and check out was easy, the room was clean, price affordable, and superb housekeeping. We are glad that your research paid off and you enjoyed your stay. I hope your time with your son-in-law was great! We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I needed to stay in Havelock for a few days before we closed on our new home. After traveling all the way across the country with our two dogs, it was important to find a comfortable place for 3 nights that was pet-friendly and this hotel exceeded our expectations. Clean, new, lots of parking, convenient location, fitness center, indoor pool, spacious rooms, excellent breakfast buffet, beautiful decor, free wi-fi, business center, laundry facilities, sundry shop, comfortable beds and linens, and friendly staff. Lisa works at the front desk and couldn't have been more helpful from the time I called the hotel to reserve a room to our entire 3-night stay. Paul was a friendly face in the mornings as we ate breakfast, and Kristin prepared a wonderful breakfast buffet while keeping everything clean and stocked - always with a smile on her face. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for any period of time. I have stayed in two other Havelock hotels and will never choose them again - The Holiday Inn far exceeds what any of the other hotels offer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear SharonB2,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of our accommodations. Our staff strives to make everyone (even our four legged guests) feel welcome and at home while staying with us. We appreciate the compliments and the recommendation!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Came from California to visit my son who just got home from deployment. Had a wonderful time. All the employees were very nice and always said hi or how was your day, etc. when we walked by the front desk. The room was clean whenever we came back to it. Loved having the breakfast in the morning. When my daughter got down there as they were putting the food away (after breakfast was done) they put it back so my daughter could get some. So accommodating. Loved that you had a choice of pillows as it stated on the pillow cover whether it was firm or soft.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear 977DonnaB,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very happy to hear your son is home from deployment and you got to come for a visit! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and the wonderful compliments. We strive to make all our guests feel welcome and at home. I hope you will stay with us again if you come back to the area.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was spotless, beautiful design in the lobby. We received a warn welcome at the front desk. Cindy the Manager was taking care of us and she recommended a restaurant that was everything she described as excellent food. Our suite was spacious and the bed was so comfortable. Definitely will come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The King Suite is the best choice for couples
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Erika H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am pleased to hear you received a warm welcome and Cindy's recommendation was great. Thank you for the compliments and we hope you will be back to stay with us soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Upside: Clean facility with a friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast buffet! I would stay there again if I was traveling down there. Downside: Corridor noise at times and people disregarding pool rules...staff either wasn't monitoring and didn't notice or they didn't want to deal with it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor room which was nice because of the convenience. However we could hear th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie M
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Debbie M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are so happy that you enjoyed our facility, staff, and breakfast. I apologize for the corridor noise and people disregarding the pool rules. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can monitor it better. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice hotel, close to the Marine base, Cherry Point. Everyone on the staff that we met, was friendly and helpful. The front desk clerks always spoke when we were coming and going. The room was clean and very comfortable. The bed was wonderful. Having a firm pillow and soft pillow made the bed perfect (we would love to know what kind of pillows they are). The A/C in the bedroom portion of our room was remote controlled so we could change it from the bed (if we wanted a different temp in the night - loved that). We got a room with a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. After a long trip getting to Havelock, that was super relaxing. The breakfast was better than most hotels - I loved the pancake machine - and the fresh, hot cinnamon rolls were great. They had eggs and sausage - bacon on other days - biscuits, gravy, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit. About anything you need; and the breakfast area was clean and well-kept. We didn't get into the indoor pool but it looked clean and inviting.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingFromTN
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear TravelingFronTN,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we strive to make it delicious! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us again if you come back to Havelock, NC.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 7 in Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Quality Inn Havelock
Quality Inn Havelock
#6 of 7 in Havelock
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock? Share your experiences!