“Very satisfying stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked this hotel as a "secret hotel" where you don't know where you are staying until after you pay. If you cross reference the description and stars to TA you can usually figure it out and we were right. We really enjoy this brand and this property did not disappoint. We got two queen beds, great TV, microwave, refrigerator, and the super three sheet system for bedding. Each bed had two firm and two soft pillows which is a real perk, not needing to bring in our own pillows. The breakfast options were excellent and well attended. The pool was seeing lots of use, although we did not use it. This was just an overnighter after the ferry ride from the Outer Banks back to the mainland and it is well placed for such a purpose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Ruthandvern,

Thank you for the kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed our accommodations. We take pride in our hotel in hopes of making everyone's stay pleasurable. Please keep us in mind next time you come to this area. Thanks again!

Melinda M
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I travel a lot for my occupation, and this is by far the nicest hotel that I have stayed at in a long time. The staff were excellent and helpful with anything that we needed. The room was nice and clean. I would gladly stay here again... Actually as far as Holiday Inn Express Goes, I have stayed in many throughout NC and several other states, and this has been by far the best experience to date! If all of them were like this, then I would only book a stay with this chain.

Room Tip: Our family stayed in one of the suites. It was a wonderful addition to the trip as my daughters wer...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

So this hotel is a gem in the IHG family. It still has that new feel when you walk in, they have keep up the renovations really well. But they need an indoor outdoor carpet because when she was mopping the floor I walked in and it was still wet and my daughter almos slipped! The eating area is a welcome one, and the breakfast is a great one! It's got a great spread worth the money you just paid - which is not alot! It's got everything for the I want a little bit of everything person to the sweet tooth to the comfort foodie to the dieter. I didn't like that the pool is right off the eating area but they are all are at these small hotels. It's indoors which is great and small, which is not, but the real problem was when we went no one had cleaned in a while and there was unpopped popcorn and other foodstuffs around..ick. Still my kid enjoyed the pool. The hallways are also maintained well, airy, well lit nicely done, and they have a great keycard system not the only fashioned one, but this nice swipe system which is something I have not even seen in the fanciest hotels I've stayed at! Kudos to the management company for installing it, now I happen to know they did it because humidity was causing an issue with the other key in the slot system but hey, it looks slick and works like magic. Wish other hotels would do it as well, instant makeover. I had an upgraded room but I think all the rooms are renovated and look this nice, I think mine was just bigger and had some more accessories and stuff. This hotel though desperately needs a soft goods renovation stat! Towels and sheets are old and stale....and bring down the room's cleanliness and airy feel. The pillows that say firm and soft on them? All of them are lumpy so it didn't matter...time to replace them. But the room itself was roomy and airy and light and nice, no complaints, but the bathroom?!?! What a nicely done bathroom but the shower door swung to the inside?! What shower door do you know swings to the inside? So you can imagine getting in and out of the shower was a mess and very wet! I don't get in the shower without first turning on the water so its sufficiently warm! This has to be fixed pronto! And although the toilet bowl will flush anything I mean probably it will flush a dog bowl it was so loud and forceful it's TOO loud and forceful, it would wake the dead, so I think they need a plumbing overhaul as well. But the bathroom was well done and other than that, at least it wasn't old and army green. And the front door to the room! It slams shut so loud you can hear the doors all the way down the hall slamming shut - this is a no no in a hotel - they must install something so the doors close calmly and smoothly not so jarringly that the first time it shut I jumped out of my skin! I wonder if this has to do with the cool new card systems? Naaa....and what is with the elevator? It's definitely new which is nice, but it only goes 4 floors and it's slowwwwwwwwwww like molasses. They have to speed this elevator up. I mean I am in a hotel now with more than 10 floors and it's triple that fast, we had to add in time to our itnerary to get back and forth?!?! The elevator is clearly not old so how can that be? I did like the snacketeria...it's cute and has some fun things to snack on, would have been nice to see some more microwaveable snacks and meals like you see at your competition since you do offer microwaves but it's nice to have it. And like i said the staff was really accomodating, very nice, pleasant, polite, always smiling, but CHECK YOUR BILL! Unfortunately when I came in it was busy and busy doesn't seem to be their forte, I signed two registration forms and they swore up and down they would not get me confused and somehow 2 mystery charges ended up on my credit card - if I hadn't checked my card closely I would have never known because they were below $30 each. So I called the manager and she fixed it right away and apologized but to me this is unacceptable because I knew right away the issue was that when I checked in although the staff was super nice and accomodating, they were also unable to deal with the overrun of business at the time. So, I think more training is in order since their attitude is definitely right, it's just they have to learn to juggle better. Also if you are an IHG member there are special benefits that are cool even the Intercontinental I am staying in now doesn't offer!!! Anyhow, we were in town to attend an event in New Bern and I will stay here again to go to New Bern. Only 15 minutes away, cheaper and really easy to get to back and forth and why stay anywhere else when the price is right, the hotel is right, and the breakfast is right, why change???

Room Tip: get a higher room away from elevator!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review! We will look into the suggestions you made so that we can be the best hotel for our guests. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the first time in years that I have tried the Holiday Inn Express. Their properties were frankly worn out & I stopped going to them. This trip we were looking for a Pet Freindly hotel near to where we needed to be & this was one of the only hotels that accepted pets. The check-in lady (I'm sorry but I do not remember her name) was very friendly, helpful & efficient. The room was spacious, modern & clean. The beds were very comfy.The items on the free breakfast were plentiful & had a nice variety. The coffee was actually Good. Ample parking as well. I will be sure to stay here again if in the area & will be giving the Brand a try again.

Room Tip: room 104 has a view of the Airplane Museum & the Airplanes on display.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was in town for a wedding at the beach and unfortunately the Morehead City Holiday Inn was booked. Ended up having to go to the next closest one which was here. I came away glad that I didn't stay at the Morehead City location (having stayed there before) and ended up here instead.

This hotel still has that new hotel look and feel to it. Decor is clean and neat. Rooms were clean, the halls were quiet and all the amenities you expect were there. The little "convenience store" they had was stocked with items that weren't marked up and overpriced. Soda for 50 cents! The folks at the front were very friendly and accommodating when I needed to extend my stay an extra day. If I'm out near the coast again in this area, I'd definitely come back here if I can.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Havelock a number of times and have never been let down. Yes, it's a bit pricy but it's worth it for at least a night. The staff is excellent, the rooms are large and very clean, and the beds are awesome. Every time I'm in town from FL to see my bf who's stationed at Cherry point we make sure to get one night at the HIE just for the comfort; not to mention a great breakfast spread in the morning. Highly recommend to all!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KristineElizabeth

Reviewed September 2, 2013

In all my travels here in the US and Abroad Holiday Inn Express in Havelock North Carolina is by far the greatest of all the IHG Hotels I've stayed in. Beautiful settings and warm friendly staff. Thanks to Holly and the late shift staff for making our wake up a beautiful start to our day and especially to Allison Jasmine for making our first impression memorable enough for me to write this great review. A truly great stay at that! Again KUDOS to All!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock? Share your experiences!