“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Newer hotel. Check in was a breeze, staff very friendly. Lobby was attractive with the salt water fish tank and it kept my kids busy while I was checking in. Room was comfortable and plenty of pillows. The towels were soft and plush. Breakfast was filling with plenty of options. Local restaurant Carolina Grill just across the parking lot. Would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ilyngirl
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Centreville
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We arrived to town later than expected and needed to find a pet friendly hotel. I was able to call this hotel and they held the room till we could get there 20 minutes later. The room was very nicely decorated and modern. From my understanding the hotel is a little over a year old. They have a nice breakfast area, with a good selection of breakfast foods. We really liked the cinnamon rolls. The hotel is set back off the road, so you don't hear traffic noise. They had plenty of parking, as we towing a car and needed extra space. To sum this up, I would gladly stay at this location again, thou I did feel the price was a little high.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Shannon W
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was very nice. A little expensive though. It is within 5 minutes to base. The rooms were nice. High ceilings with a few mirrors to make it feel bigger. The bed was very comfortable. It had firm and soft pillows, a big tv, and a large walk in glass shower. I used the gym daily but did not get a chance to use the pool. The breakfast was the best I have had at a hotel. :)

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Crazygrlb22
Havelock
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We lived, yes lived here for three weeks while we were waiting for base housing. The staff was great, very friendly. The manager, Cindy, is very nice. Our oldest started school while we were still in the hotel and everyday Cindy and staff would either tell her to have a good day at school or they would ask her how school was. They were very family friendly! We have a 19 month old, a 4 year old and a 10 year old. The indoor pool was just the right size and it does have a waterfall. It can get loud after awhile if the waterfall is on but the front desk staff is very willing to turn it off for you...just ask. The same goes for if it is off...just ask them and they will turn it on. Breakfast was good each morning. After three weeks we obviously made it through the rotation multiple times. I suggest the cinnamon rolls and sausage gravy. They have a neat pancake machine that makes two pancakes with just the push of a button. Our four year old loved that she could make her own breakfast! The lobby has a large, beautiful aquarium. The rooms were nice. The hotel is five minutes from almost anything in Havelock.

Room Tip: Room #311 is HUGE with a king size bed, pull out sofa, kitchen with full size refrigerator, chaise c...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 02/03/12-02/06/12 and only have 2 complaints. The first being that the address on the website is wrong. When I put the address into my GPS it kept saying "no matches found" I called the hotel and they told me that the CORRECT address is: 103 Branch Court .... NOT 103 Branchside Drive like they have displayed on the website. Our only other complaint is that the temperature gauge in the room is very finicky. My husband likes to sleep in a cooler room and I like to sleep in a warmer room. Normally, we put the heat on 68 (in any hotel room) and we both sleep comfortably. When we set the temperature to 68 we were both freezing ... we kept increasing the temperature little by little and before we knew it we had it up to 80 degrees before we were comfortable! We were comfortable for a while and then out of nowhere it was like a suana in the room. After 1.5 days we figured out that 75 was a perfect temp for both of us to be comfortable. Just an FYI to future guests staying here you might have to play around with the temperature gauge to find the perfect setting for you. Our complaints were nothing drastic and will not keep us from staying here again.

This hotel is in a perfect location and we felt was the NICEST hotel in the area. We had reservations for a different hotel but canceled and stayed here - we are VERY HAPPY we stayed here instead of the other place. The hotel is new and you can still smell the "newness" of the rooms. The rooms are VERY clean, and spacious, the beds are super comfortable too. We couldn't believe how EXTREMELY polite, nice/kind, helpful and patient the ENTIRE staff was. We have stayed in many many hotels BUT have NEVER stayed in a hotel where EVERY employee was polite, helpful and seemed happy to be at work.

If we are ever in this area again this is the ONLY hotel we will stay at! We were very pleased with everything!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chris B
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much. The small indoor swimming pool w/ waterfall was perfect for the grandkids and the breakfast was great not too mention the great staff. We would definitely stay here again and in fact are planning to return shortly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Alabama, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Back in early May my husband had to work there in Havelock. We had reservations at the Days Inn down the street and let me tell you I wasn't a happy camper when I arrived to a filthy room that reeked of cigarette smoke after driving all the way from Alabama and needed sleep. The next morning my husband told me to pack everything back in the car that we were moving. (This should tell you how bad the hotel was that he was at work and was looking to get us moved).... Anyway, I pulled into this BRAND NEW Holiday Inn and was so happy! It's clean, it's nice, the staff was amazingly friendly! The only thing that wasn't all that great was we were there with our 3 year old son. Our room got a little crowded with 2 adults and a bored out of his skull 3 year old (but after 20+days of the same 4 walls, that would happen anywhere). There really isn't much to do in Havelock. I do want to commend this Holiday Inn for having the BEST internet of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Actually, I think it's faster than the stuff some people pay for at home. I had no problem streaming Netfilx on my PS3 OR playing first person shooters online. No lag whats so ever.

Anyway, I would most definitely stay there again and I recommend anyone staying in Havelock to pass the other places up and just stay here. It's the best choice, trust me.

Room Tip: If you have little ones, make sure to ask for a room with a bathtub.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 7 in Havelock

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock? Share your experiences!