“Nice Family Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice family restaurant, not too expensive although I have noticed a slight increase in prices lately but I guess that's pretty much everywhere. The food is always hot, service is friendly. This is a pretty decent restaurant.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

i was there last week,wish i had picked someplace else,the worst crabcakes i have ever seen,i think they forgot the crab,nothing but a brownish filler like paste,also the blackend mahi mahi was the most bland,flavorless fish i have ever had,the hush puppies looked like the were mrs pauls frozen out of a bag,dont waste your time,awful place

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a cute little place. Not near the water - but the seafood is pretty good. If you want fried sea food check it out. Not a fancy place - a place for a quick bite. Service was good and quick.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I grew up on the Jersey Shore, no not the one you see on MTV, the REAL one. So going to places like this was my upbringing, so I know them well, the look the feel the smell the taste - everything. And I have been searching and searching for that childhood seafood shack experience that is so hard to find. I couldn't even find it in Duck, NC and that was RIGHT on the water! I went to a seafood place that left me gagging and wondering how does this place stay in business anyhow? (see that review). But THIS Place?!?!? instantly as I pulled up my childhood came flooding back and the only thing around is the highway pulling through Havelock. It's like they took the old seafood shacks I grew up with on the Jersey Shore and plopped it right in Havelock. And to complete it they put a huge kitschy lobster right in front for you to take pictures of with the kids. It's blue wood with all the trimmings you'd expect at a place like this...don't eat at the beach, stop here instead! Then when you walk in, more kitsch!! Love it! Big huge life sized lobster holding the chalboard surfboard menu - kowabunga indeed!!! The help is more than helpful and sweet and they even have their own giftshop which of course you have to have in these places. And it complete with a lifesize plastic mermaid and Blackbeard...it's just fantastic, but how about the food? AMAZING! I mean let's face it, it's so easy to fry up seafood and make it taste like nothing...any idiot can do it...I know I've tasted it and it tastes well, fried. This place does something with the batter to make the fish flavor come through. Sure yeah it's fresh yadda yadda that means something for sure, BUT BUT it's the cooking! I mean how do you seal in the flavor of a clam strip so it tastes like clam under the breading? Same for the shrimp?? And then I get my fried oysters and I can tasted the oyster?? I mean it was simply some of the best fried fish I have had in a long time, I didn't even want sauce who needs it, flavorful on its own. I cannot wait to go back - I might even drive the 2.5 hours to eat here again! But be careful, we found out the hard way the portions are BIG BIG BIG! No it's not a cheap place, but boy do you get what you pay for and then some!!! I simply cannot wait to go back, in fact I wish they would open near my hometown in NC!! I am already missing this fish....

1  Thank nygal5
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was in the area for business travel and ate here! The food is great and the service is awesome! Highly recommend!