Stayed November 2007- RV with hookups
Overall, this campground was great, though it did have one or two issues. We went during off season, so there were only about 4-6 RVs in the campground any given night. I believe that the grounds can hold up to 50 or so camps in various capacities (RV with full hookups, RV space w/out hookups, tents, and small bungalows).
- The people in charge were very helpful in showing us where to park and helping in backing up our trailer.
- Free WiFi- although we were at the end of the zone, so it kept going in and out but it was nice as an option and Free
- Neat canal system- there are canals going throughout the camps and they divide it up. We saw jumping fish and many birds. The camp also had paddle boats available to rent, though it was too cold while we were there.
- Heated (in winter) bath rooms. There are communal bathrooms with showers and toilets that were clean and heated. They were redoing several things since it was off season, and the bathrooms were being upgraded.
- Convenient grocery store- there is a grocer just down the street and around the corner. Very hand when a Doritos craving hits.
-This site is WAY down Hatteras Island toward Ocracoke. It took about an hour from leaving mainland NC. Be prepared. Also- it isn't beach front, but It would only take a few minutes to get to the beach.
- If you had a tent, it would have been blown away with the wind. If you are planning on camping here with just a tent, bring weights and stakes to hold down your tent!
- They had the cutest "cottages" for rent. We looked into them and they weren't what we expected. There were no kitchen or bathroom facilities in them. Cool idea, but not for us.
Again, I would recommend this camp site. Very cute and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hatteras Island's only campground located in the heart of Hatteras Village, in the scenic Outer Banks area of North Carolina. Set amongst beautiful canals and grassy fields, our resort has over 60 Full Hook-up paved RV sites and 10 Tent only sites. We welcome "big rigs" with sites featuring water, sewer and electric hookups, cable and wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hatteras Sands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatteras Sands Hotel Hatteras Island