“Outstanding”

Dinky's Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is so out of this world that we went there 2 nights in a row. The service, food and atmosphere are perfection. The restaurant is so accommodating as well. The chef made my son something not even on the menu because he didn't want any of the kid's menu items. Don't walk to this place, run there NOW!!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We go to the Outerbanks ever Memorial Day, and it always includes a dinner night at Dinky's. The restaurant sits on the bay side with a comfortable bar and decent selection of cocktails. They make a nice French Martini. Like every place in Hatteras, it doesn't stay open late, but the sunset dinner crowd is always lively. Lobster is my go-to choice now -- large twin tails every time.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Food was good but pricey even for the beach in off season. We went in late one night & hostess looked at us like we had three heads. Portions were huge. My hubby & I each had a cocktail & entrée. Bill before tip was $74.92. I don't see a need to go back. Décor was nice.

1  Thank LeslieL4
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have not been to Dinky's in the past three years and decided to return during our week stay in Hatteras. Dinky's has not changed.....it has maintained it's excellent cuisine and the chef specials are excellent. I had mahi mahi with a carribean flare with "fresh magos" sprinkle over the fish along with a sauce to die for alongwith the black beans and rice My husband had grill tuna. The fish was fresh, fresh and not frozen and dry like the meal we experience up the road the night before. Dinky's is a small place but you can tell by how quickly it was filling up once it opened at
5:00 pm that it was popular! Well worth the spurge for the great meal and service by the entire staff. It definitely will continue to be our very favorite restaurant on Hatteras Island.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great restaurant on the water in Hatteras Village. The seafood pasta is my personal favorite. Service is very good, Pam has waited on us several times and she is always very friendly. We usually go to Dinky's for our 'date night' without the kids. Would definitely recommend!