“Great food and sunset view”
Review of Dinky's Restaurant

Dinky's Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We come to Hatteras every year in Oct. We first came to Dinkys last year, it's wonderful. If you arrive early enough to get a table by the window you can catch a gorgeous
sunset. Great fresh seafood and drinks. The staff was knowledgable about the food selections and service was very prompt. Can't wait to come back next year.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at this restaurant! Everything was so fresh & good. They have avert generous wine selection as well. A little pricey if your taking the kids, but an intimate gathering is well worth it. Our meal wS topped off by a fabulous sunset. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have a lot of flexibility when it comes to dining on vacation. I find it difficult to let an experience dampen my good times. Based on that, I give this restaurant a very good rating. Food was EXCELLENT and the person who served us was attentive, pleasant and personable. That being said, had this been a normal dining situation at home I would not be writing this review because I would have walked out. I really do not like being ignored.

The service review is based on the overall service experience not the table service which would rate a 4 or 5.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were 2 min early, opens at 5pm. We went upstairs and the manager/owner (not sure which) saw us turned his back and started wiping the bar. My husband said are we early? His response was yes we do not open for 5 min, turns his back and walks away. Not here is a menu I'll be right with you. Have a seat I'll be over you are alittle early. He was out right rude...why eat somewhere where they are unhappy you come in 5 min early

1  Thank Getinalong
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We arrived late on Saturday night and were able to get a table by the window. We had a bottle of wine that the waitress recommended and it was wonderful. We split the spinach salad and the Shrimp and Scallops Thai entree and both were very good. The place is a little pricey for what you get but you kind of expect that in the area. We had a nice time. The service was excellent. I liked the place. It is small and the name is strange and you might not think it would serve the type of food that it does from looking at the outside. Which goes to show you looks can be deceiving.