“Worth your time!”

Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Reviewed August 7, 2012

It's a small museum but well worth your time. It houses the original Cape Hatteras Lighthose light from 1854 I believe it was. It also have a lot of Civil War Era artifacts and displays right now. I really enjoyed it. It is donation based and $5 is recommended.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"fishing industry"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was the first time we visited this museum. I believe it is still in its formative stage so it is still fairly small. Loved the display of original Cape Hatteras Light beacon. The fresnel lenses are amazing even though there are quite a few missing. It did have a lot of history and information I was not aware of. It is free, gotta love that, but they do request you leave a small donation if possible.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was really excited to see what this exhibit had to offer and it did not let me down what so ever. Very informative and awesome displays on hand. Even the gift shop was amazing. Recommend for adult and families. We went as a group of 4 adults and enjoyed it thuroughly and I know my children would have enjoyed as well.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I see a future for this place to eventually become a destination museum. Interesting collection for both maritime and non- maritime fanatics. Of course the museum is not complete without a tribute to the pirates. Lighting of the exhibits and artifacts is not up to par. Appears dingy for a rather large space.

2  Thank ebbtide123