“Nice museum”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice museum”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I'm not sure I would go too far out of my way to visit the museum, but we did enjoy it and it was free (although we did add a bit of money to the donation area). Ship history and artifacts, civil war artifacts, some lighthouse artifacts. Cute little gift shop. If you are hear Hatteras, it is worth a visit.

Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a neat little museum. My husband is a bit of a history buff, so he enjoyed it. I think it would be more appealing if it had more "stuff". It's only one big room and a little gift shop. It's neat for what they do have, PLUS it's free.

Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Place to Visit”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My father and I have always wanted to see what this museum had to offer so he and I took off late in the day for a visit (no one else in our group wanted to make the trek) We should have checked the hours because we only had about 45 minutes before closing by the time we arrived. There is no fee...just a donation of your choice.

The exhibits were interesting and informative and we could have used a little more time to explore everything. The pirate exhibit would be fun for the kids. I enjoyed the small section on Titanic where the SOS message to Cape Hatteras had been recd.

We definitely have a return visit on our list of things to do...when the weather is a little foul. No need to give up beach time otherwise.

Louisburg, North Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Cool looking building!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great place to go when everyone is tired of the beach. A lot of things to look at and learn about.

Visited July 2011
Dorchester, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Small but for most part informative”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We found the museum's exhibits on the Monitor and on the rich history of piracy around the OBX both interesting and informative - my wife was particularly taken by the stories of Anne Bonny and Mary Read. As a visitor from England however I found the War of 1812 exhibits a touch too subjective for comfort! Still, it was free entry and I was only a guest in the country. A great way to pass an hour.

Visited May 2012