“Going to see old friends!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Seaside Inn At Hatteras
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Going to see old friends!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrive on Friday, tired from the road and it was nice to see a nice quiet place to rest our head and to take off some of the stress of regular work! The place is very clean and the manager was sweet and helpful. We slept really well there, I would love to do this again! I will be back next September 2014!

Room Tip: Parking great, and you can walk to various places for dinner!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cafenadine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed again at the Seaside Inn in Hatteras, NC. We had a great time. We love the rooms there - always charming. We tried to get the Honeymoon Suite again - like last year, but it was filled up for 2 weeks. So, we took one of the suites. VERY large and pretty! The service at Seaside Inn was great. Good breakfast. Manager, Donna, was available at all hours - even when we misplaced our key. Beach is close, as are good restaurants and shops. This gets our A1 rating. Suzanne and Tonie Robertson

Room Tip: We like the larger rooms - and they ARE large.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to stay over Labor Day weekend. The inn is beautiful, the rooms are so well kept. Donna is incredibly kind and helpful with everything we needed. I thought everything was fabulous, my boyfriend's only complaint was that it seemed really far from most of the activities so we drove up to nag's head and kill devil hills a lot. Dinky's restaurant was super close by and was incredible though , an absolute MUST GO

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank RissaK87
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The "honeymoon suite", which we were told was the only one available, was just a large room with a tub in the corner, and no shower at all - we were told we had to use the shower in a vacant room down the hall. (Wait a minute, I thought it was fully booked?). The only place to hang your clothes was a portable garment rack located in the bathroom right next to the toilet... Yup, reach with your left hand for the toilet tissue, reach with your right hand and grab your clean clothes...is it just me, or is this a little odd...and unsavory?
We've stayed in countless B&B's over the years, and NEVER before have we been to one where breakfast is served in only a 30 minute window - 8:00 to 8:30, no exceptions. So we missed breakfast 2 out of 3 mornings.
Oddest of all was being told the Inn was booked solid, only to find we apparently were the only room occupied, out of 10! We even watched one night when an older couple, apparently lost, appeared in person begging for a room for just one night. We watched Donna tell them, sorry, we are just packed, and turned them away. Really? WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE! At night the place was like a mausoleum...very creepy.
I would never stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mariacaterina
Cove R, Manager at Seaside Inn At Hatteras, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I'm sorry but I can't find any history for a guest matching your name or residing city/state for a two to three night stay in April (we only had one night guests in unit 4 for that month). The only guest who stayed with me who I remember having an issue with not having a shower was from CT and stayed for three nights in May. If that is you, I am very sorry for the discomfort you had at the inn. However, all rooms were booked during that time aside from one which was being remodeled, unit 12, which is the room I gave you access to so you could use its shower.

Unit 4 is a honeymoon suite that was custom designed by the architect for a more relaxed experience. Detailed pictures of this room are publicly displayed on our website. I do realize that some guests care for a more traditional style of room. Unfortunately, as the inn was fully booked for the weekend, the only other unit I still had with a shower was currently being remodeled. Also, I did give you a one night refund for this inconvenience. I wish you would have expressed your continued displeasure while you were there so that I could have remedied any further discomfort at that time.

If you are not the reservation that I am referring to, I am still very sorry that you had an uncomfortable stay, but wish I had more information to know what reservation you were so that I could better answer this review.

I am very disheartened that you view the inn as such a disappointment, but do thank you for your input so that I can work harder at attending to such issues. I hope that some day in the future, you will give the inn another chance so that I may better provide an enjoyable vacation for you.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the very pricey honeymoon suite and to our disappointment there was NO shower!!!! It was a small jacuzzi and a very crappy sprayer that attached to the faucet. My husband had to hold the sprayer on the faucet while I washed my hair or the sprayer would shoot off the faucet. Then when I needed to turn the water off the water nozzle just kept turning and only turned the water to a drizzle but did not turn off. When it was drizzling there was a very loud screech to go with it!! We told the property manager and she said yeah that always happens just turn it till the water turns off it will eventually work :( we worked on it for 30 minutes until it finally shut off!!!
I then asked if we could switch to a different room and she said everything was booked so we had to deal with that awful room for 3 days!!!! Definitely not a honeymoon suite!!!
The property manager made us feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable!!! We will NEVER spend our money at this shack ever again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Bmorr615
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Maybe it's just me being picky, but I felt our 3 night experience at the Sea Side Inn didn't live up to what others have described. Firstly, when we areview our room was lacking basics...toilet paper, soap and any coat hangers. These were all cheerfully provided upon request along with a hair dryer and iron and ironing board. Secondly, I felt I had been mislead about which rooms were available when I booked, we were in room 1 which is big and has 2 queen beds but I don't think should be described as a suite as there's not really anywhere to sit. I had been told apart from a very small room, this was the only one available, and yet on the morning after we checked in we were told we were the only people there currently and that there were 3 rooms checking in that day...but there are 10 rooms? Also the rooms were not made up on a daily basis, I don't expect clean sheets and towels every day (wouldn't want from an environmental point of view) but I think the bed should be made. Finally, I don't understand the raving over breakfast, I found the pancakes no more than fine, they're a bit too thick and stodgy for me, and thought it odd that in a holiday resort, breakfast finished at 8:30 am.
There were some good things; the location is great for the beach and Donna is friendly and accommodating when asked for help. She gave us a good recommendation for dinner (Dinky's) when we arrived late on Thursday night. We were able to borrow beach chairs and the place has a relaxed homely feel to it.
In summary, others clearly liked the place a lot more than me and that may be down to the room we had and that I'm pickier than some, but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Cove R, Owner at Seaside Inn At Hatteras, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I would like to say that I am sorry you did not enjoy you stay at the inn. I run the inn on my own and my first priority is to make sure guests are welcomed into a clean and enjoyable establishment. As explained on the phone, only several units were available due to the large wedding party being booked in the remaining rooms on the following day. Toilet paper, soap, and coat hangers are supplied in all rooms. However, I do apologize for not having them stocked in your room upon check-in as this was my slip up in getting the rooms ready. As for breakfast, this is something I chose to start doing for guests instead of just muffins and coffee.

Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the inn, but hope that if you do come visit Hatteras Island again, please give the inn another chance to better your vacation.
Lillington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Seaside Inn for 3 nights for our first anniversary. Neither of us had ever been to Hatteras Island and we had a great time. Donna does a wonderful job of managing the Inn. She was very welcoming and everything was very clean. She always made sure we had everything we needed and suggested a great place for dinner on the night we arrived. She also makes big, fluffy pancakes every morning for breakfast, which were awesome! We have found our place to stay on the Outer Banks. I'm already looking forward to our next vacation!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple