“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatteras Marlin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Marlin Motel
You added Hatteras Marlin Motel to your Saves list
57753 NC HWY 12, Hatteras Island, NC 27943   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hatteras Island
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I come down to Hatteras very often. We usually stay up in Avon but the rates and quality of the motels up there are not even close to what you get by staying at the here. The quality was much better than any of the other motels we have stayed at on the island. The location is great too. The rooms are very nice, well serviced, and clean. The staff members were all very helpful when we had any questions. Would recommend to others.

Room Tip: The suites and small efficiency rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed in this Hotel 6/5/14 we checked in @ 5:30. The unit had tile floors in entryway, bathrooms & kitchen. The floor were very slippery, I spoke to front desk, the receptionist told me I could see the unit next door to see if it was any better, if so we could change units. I found same slippery floors. The lady @ front desk spoke w/ housekeeping they said they would mop the floor is that didn't help they had another a solution. We told her we would be out of the unit for several hours for some touring. The office was closed when we returned.
After returning we found the floor still slippery, housekeeping had placed rug runners in parts of the kitchen but the floors not covered were still slippery, so we were not able to walk in the kitchen for fear of falling.
They mopped the bathrooms with our towles & left our bath towels wadded up on the floor, so we had to use our beach towels after our baths
The stove burner trays were covered with aluminum foil(whats with that?)
The box spring had stains on it, I didn't notice til I got up the next morning, discusting
I voiced my complaint w/ property manager& showed him the photo's, before I left
Manager did respond per email w/ apology, he said he spoke with housekeeping staff & front office staff & refunded me 25% of my $197 rate for 1 night.
This property is definately not worth nightly rate of $197 property really needs updating. I expect a good value for my money & this was definately not it.
The bedspreads & furnishings were very outdated, old & stained
I'm certain the mauve/ blue colors in the unit went out of style long ago.
With the rate they charge one would think they would keep things updated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hatteras Island hotels

irwin Pa 15642
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Walk in and the mildew hits you in the face, if you have allergy s it's not good . A little disappointed with the other reviews thought it would be better like I said we only had to stay one night. Will not stay again. Maybe another room location would of been better not room no. 3

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank roxygirlirwinPa15642
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice place to stay. We have stayed there before, so we knew what we were getting for our money's worth. Comfortable beds and a great location! Close to the Ocracoke ferry and conveniently located. We will stay there again when we're in Hatteras!

• Stayed August 2013
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was my first time down at the Outer Banks and I have to say I really enjoyed the experience. The Marlin Motel was a great place to stay. After a long drive it was very comfortable. It's right across the street from a little super market where you can find all you need. Within driving distance of plenty of beaches! I would definitely recommend staying there. Cheap price for a few nights stay. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs. It was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We loved it! We planned to just stay one night, but ended up changing our vacation plans to stay for 3. The room was very nicely decorated, absolutely clean, and the pool and surroundings were great!
There is a little grocery store right across the road.

We will definitely return! (Great value for a very good price.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CINDY A
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really don't know how to start this because the title and starts should speak for themselves, so Im just going to list everything from beginning to end. we got there, the 3 women at the front desk were very friendly and helpful with the checked and it went smooth. the room we had had a kitchenette that was well stocked with every cooking device one would need to make 3 meals. the king size bed was VERY comfortable, we used the pool once and it was clean and the water was warm. housekeeping service was excellent. outside the door were a couple of chairs to watch the people and clouds. all in all this place is worth every penny and would recommend it to anyone who would is going to Hatteras!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 7 in Buxton
4.5 of 5 stars 265 reviews

Been to Hatteras Marlin Motel? Share your experiences!