“Good Food, Value, Friendly Staff”
Review of Sonny's Restaurant

Sonny's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Chester, Virginia
“Good Food, Value, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had breakfast at Sonny's 2 times on one of the busiest holiday weekends- July 4th! The waitresses were very friendly, always smiling and very attentive. The food was consistently hot,fresh and tasty and a very good value. I was especially impressed that my eggs were cooked EXACTLY as I requested, which rarely ever happens in most restaurants. We would recommend this place to anyone and will eat there again on our next trip to Hatteras.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CherylT1995

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Best Barbecue and great Breakfast, too!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the hatteras cabanas and ended up going to this restaurant four different times while we were in town, once for breakfast and three times for barbecue sandwiches at lunch. The barbecue is the best I have had! Prices were quite cheap for around here, also. We will continue to frequent this place when we are in the OBX.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dianna B
Branford, Connecticut
“GREAT BREAKFAST!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We dined at Sonny's twice for breakfast. Everything was so fresh & tasted like home. My husband loved his hash browns, as did I. We had bacon & eggs to go with it. The place is small & serves a lot of locals which gave the place a great atmosphere. The place itself is very plain & down to earth. The waitresses were great. I loved the place. Great food, great waitresses & great hometown atmosphere; who could ask for more.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chris714111
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Value, Good Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family of four was able to eat there for under $40. We received a basket of hush puppies for free. Overall, good value for good food. Atmosphere is a little strange though- odd lighting and decor. Kid friendly.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BeatlesFan33
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Excellent breakfast, very good value”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We both enjoyed the Western Omelet, wife enjoyed her grits but agreed that my potatoes stole the day - perfectly cooked, seasoned, and tender…mmm, delicious, some of the best I've ever had. They call them hashbrown potatoes, but they're actually cut/sliced and awesome. Good toast and such.

Our server, ehh, not the best. The server taking care of the adjacent tables was a real humming bird though, so I guess it just depends on who you get. Atmosphere is sort of what I'd call cafe, just, ehh, it's a restaurant. Not waterfront, so bear that in mind, especially if going for dinner.

--------------------------------------------

Watch out if bringing outside drinks in, good grief. From Denver to Raleigh, if a breakfast house doesn't have green tea, my wife brings in her own mug. However, in OBX, they have signs on the door, which I presume our primarily for alcoholic beverages, but what do I know. I do know that the gal said something about it but then said, oh, okay, I'll just give you a coffee mug so you can pour your tea in that. Cool, we appreciated it. But then, when she charged us the $1.75 for the "extra cup of coffee," I said something about it at checkout with whom I presume was the owner, but she got real snippy about it and fussed at me for even bringing it in and acted as though she didn't want to credit my bill, something she found difficult though since I had already adjusted the cash I handed her. After my coffee had sat there empty after only the first filling until, nearly done eating my breakfast I chased our server down, and then this, I was just a little bit ticked off.

Good meal though, so, wutevs on the other part.

• Visited June 2013