“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
The Villas of Hatteras Landing
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is adjacent to the Ocracoke ferry and an easy walk to the ocean. Each room is a small suite--bedroom, bathroom, complete kitchen, and sitting room with pull-out sofa bed. The rooms are clean and modern except for the tv's and other av equipment. There is no complimentary breakfast included.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrgAmes_IA
There are newer reviews for The Villas of Hatteras Landing

Reviewed August 10, 2012

stayed two nights in early August. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable, kitchen well supplied except coffee supplied in rooms tasted like battery acid... YECH! (I have always wondered why hotels go out of their way to supply great rooms and then put in the cheapest coffee and creamer they can find). Hotel is located right beside the Ocracoke Island ferry!

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because their website plainly states that they have WI-FI in all suites, yet when I got here I had a notice it was available in the lobby only. My room was near the lobby, and I was getting 3 bars of signal strength and in 36 hours I was only able to log on once for about an hour. Thank goodness I had my iPhone personal hotspot or I would not have been happy. Also, when you walk in to the lobby...UGH! Someone is smoking in the lobby!!!! Did they not get the memo??? This is not a place for business travelers; no desk. You have to use the counter to set up computers AND to eat. No dining table and no desk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Phil H
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great hotel. Every room is a suite. Two televisions - one in the bedroom and one in the little family room. Full kitchen fully stocked.

Clean pool.
Walk to the ocean.
Friendly staff.
Right near the ferry docks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tdaponte
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights with my children to be close to the Ocracoke ferry. It's an hour and a half from Kitty Hawk and Nags Head if that's what you're coming for, which we were also, but didn't mind the drive. The lighthouse is less than a half hour. I highly recommend the Froggy Dog restaurant. The rooms are spotless clean and they've fixed many of the problems you'll read in other reviews although they are very musty smelling which aired out after a few minutes with doors open each time you come in. Mgmt is a little dry but will answer any and all questions. The beds in our room had footboards with the sharpest edges we've ever encountered and sent us to our next hotel with many large purple bruises on our thighs, butts and the children's stomachs. It was sort of comical seeing us all in a group at the pool at Orlando. Looked like we were in a fight or a car crash. :) the pool is well maintained, as are the grounds and the short walk to the beach is so worth it even if the weather isn't cooperating. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go back. The price was right and the area was nice. Lots of stores and restaurants around. If you're looking for the Ritz, stay somewhere else and pay double or more.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had never had the opportunity to spend time on the Outer Banks. We drove home through them a year before so we wanted to stop and spend some time. We chose the Villas of Hatteras Landing and were extremely satisfied. The rooms are all well appointed suites. Ours had a very comfortable king size bed in the bedroom. The bathroom was great, the kitchen and living area were very comfortable also. It was a short walk across the street to the beach and the second day we drove down to the public beach and enjoyed driving our SUV out on the beach and spent a very delightful day on their beautiful beach. The pool was large with plenty of seating around it. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KevinJ3
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were a bit hesitant about this place based upon the reviews we read here, but it was really the only place we could find at the last minute. It was fine. We had a one-bedroom suite with a little kitchen and bathroom - a little one-bedroom apartment really. The TVs are old-style and there is no oven, but you don't go on vacation to bake or cook elaborate meals. The pool was usually deserted or maybe there were a couple of families with young kids - I swam laps every day. There is parking and they clean up the rooms and make the bed every day. Overall, a good value, I did not see any gigantic cockroaches that other reviewers noted, and while the staff is not incredibly friendly (none of the native Hatteras people were, at least to us) I found that smiling and saying "please" and "thank you" the way my mother taught me back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth really helped. My husband and I were comfortable there, we could have fit in our kids if they were with us but then it would have been crowded (three teenage boys!) Still, more comfortable than a motel room. You can stay here without fear.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TGV3
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We selected this place from a vacation club so I expected a little more out of it. I was only slightly disappointed. No big deal, were at the beach, right? There are 2 floors, no elevators. Luckilly my boyfriend was strong enough to lug my HUGE suitcase up the stairs. The room was alright, clean. First thing we do is check matresses for bugs...looked fine, no bugs. Fridge was clean, freezer smelled like a freezer. The kitchen was small but cute, decent selection of cookware/dishes, although with kids I would have liked to see some plastic cups. Bathroom was small but nice. My kids said the fold out couch was comfy so that was great. The bedroom was large, nice bed, comfortable. We had the "beach" view. Not really a view of the beach, more a view of the enormous vacation houses that are on the beach, still an ok view. The path to the ocean was decent, not too far. The pool was nice, plenty of chairs, and they give you pool towels to use at the front desk. We used the propane grill at the poolside one night for dinner. My only suggestion would be to make sure you bring foil or one of those grilling trays. We did use the free washer and dryer. Dryer takes a while, not as good as ones at home. The upstairs dryer made my clothes smell burnt, downstairs did not. Would be nice if the hotel posted some general shared laundry room rules. There are some extremely rude people who stayed during our stay and felt it necessary to set our wet clothes on the counter, althought I had clothes in the dryer so I'm not sure what they planned on doing their their wet clothes. (1 washer, 1 dryer per floor). Funny, I dryed both my loads of laundry and they hadn't come back...obvoiusly not in too much of a rush. Towards the end of our stay I stepped on a piece of broken glass in the hallway. I picked up the larger pieces and threw them away and called the front desk to let them know there may be more. They offered to get me a doctor, but I felt I had removed the glass and it was alright. It's unfortunate there are some people who would not have cleaned that up when they knew there was children all over the hotel and I'm glad it was me and not any of them. The ladies at the front desk were always willing to give suggestions of places to go or where to eat. The pictures online of the boardwalk are to the sound, where there is no beach access, still a nice walk though, past a graveyard and through a gazebo. Oh, and at night, there is a TON of cats out in the parking lot. Apparently there is some kind of cat rescue that sets up shop at night and feeds them or whatnot.

Room Tip: We've only stayed here once so I'm not sure of the different rooms. However, we noticed some...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family