“Do NOT waste your time!!!”

Hwy 55 Burgers and Shakes
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Charlotte
“Do NOT waste your time!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been looking forward to this place since it opened. There are very few restaurants in Harrisburg, and this would have been a perfect low budget place for us... We like the menu and we were excited to try some things... My husband got a shake, and two hot dogs and fries. I ordered the salad with fried chicken tenders. We did not wait long, and the shake was rather good. The fries were cold, and I am not suggesting they were lukewarm, they were cold! The hotdogs sat high atop the fixings in the buns, so much so that they could not even be placed in the buns. My salad that 6.95 as I recall, had basic iceberg lettuce, and a couple of awful anemic tomatoes with no color, and maybe a cucumber slice or two, and some croutons, there were at most, four pieces of small cut up chicken tenders, the chicken tenders were actually pretty good, just almost none in the salad. I was not given any utensils, and after about five minutes of trying to get someone's attention, my husband went and got them himself! No one ever came by the whole time we were eating to check on anything. We finished, and waiting about ten minutes for our waitress to bring the check, my husband finally went to the car to wait, while I waited on her, she seemed to have disappeared. I went to the register without our bill, and then had to wait another ten minutes while they located her, I am not sure why they could not just make up a new bill, but they could not. I do not understand the high reviews but I guess our experience was an isolated case, but I will not be giving it another try!!!!

• Visited December 2012

Charlotte, NC
“This place is awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Anyone looking for GREAT food and service this is the place. Anyone familiar with the great burgers, fries, shakes and custard of Andy's this is now the name. Hwy 55. Same place but expanding quickly. The burgers are incredible and so fresh. Get it anyway you want including southern style with chili and slaw. Their burgers are so good that it's hard to try anything else on the menu but their cheese steaks and chicken cheese steak sandwiches are great and they make an incredible shrimp Po-boy (plenty of shrimp). The fries are hot and crisp and they make their own custard for desert. Very friendly staff. Great place for family as it's a 50's style theme. Our family loves it!!!!

• Visited October 2012
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Cute place”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I just ate at Hwy 55 Burgers and Shakes and my burger was delicious. I had a cheeseburger with onions, slaw, and chili. I also enjoyed a chocolate shake and shared an order of fries with chili and cheese. Everything was great except the fries they were just ok. The service was fantastic however, the place started getting crazy busy as we left. I was glad we got there before 6 as it was Saturday night. I will go eat here again. Enjoyed a nice sit down meal for 2 people for 15 dollars not too bad! The 50's theme is really cute and unique for Harrisburg.

• Visited October 2012
“Great place for burgers, shakes and the family”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have to say, I didn't think there could be a hang-out for families in Harrisburg, but this place is it. It's the perfect place to take the family for tasty burgers and ice cream. It has that 50s feeling with a little modern taste. I've been here twice and it's always packed. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012