“Great Value, Friendly Staff!”

Knights Inn Greenville
Knights Inn Greenville
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Value, Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We were driving out to the outer banks and stopped in Greeville to visit the campus of ECU - my old stomping grounds. The Travelodge is an older facility, but our room was clean and comfortable, the bed slept very well, our bathroom was clean, well stocked and had fabulous water pressure, and we enjoyed our stay. We spent a couple of hours that evening hanging our feet into the pool (which was small, but very clean - really wanted to jump right in but we promised we wouldn't!), and even though the gates should have been locked up at ten, the owner accomodated us to sit out there for a while and enjoy the evening. We will definitely visit here again next time around!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte
Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you are looking for a luxury motel then this is definitely not the best choice, but it is a great value 4 money. I stayed at this motel many times during last 4 years (as my son used to go to ECU) , usually during parent's day weekend every year, couple of times during holidays and finally for his graduation. First of all, the Motel is located next to Greenville's pretty famous restaurants, i think Convention center is next to the first signal and ECU main campus is almost 4 miles straight drive. We usually stayed in double bed non-smoking room, which was large enough for my family. All of their rooms are on ground level so you can conveniently park in front of your room and be inside within seconds. During my last visit couple of days back, I was surprised to see new renovated rooms, with new pretty looking furniture and all. The staff is nice and friendly and are always there to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They don't charge you extra for Microwave and fridge which is a plus in compare to other motels in the area. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are pretty clean enough. TV works fine with good enough channels, Internet is fast enough and they also have small outdoor pool (which we never used, so can't say anything about it). What else would you want to have a pleasant stay in Greenville. I would definitely recommend this motel to anybody going to this town and looking for value for their money.

Room Tip: We always ask for rooms in the back, just to have a peaceful time away from busy South memorial driv...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville NC
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I own a traveling maintenance company and have stayed at the Travelodge in Greenville over fifty nights in the last two years. I have always been treated well and fairly.The rooms are more than adequate, and any problem that I have encountered has been handled immediately. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Benson, Vermont
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have stayed there several nights and it is best value for money in greenville keep up good work

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Im sitting in this travel lodge right now righting this review wondering what i did wrong in my past life. I am looking around at the broken air conditioner, the reeking mini fridge, the dilapidated bathroom fixtures, burned carpet and thinking wow what a fantastic fifty dollars I just spent. On a serious note though this place is a short trip from disgusting. I wish I had better news for you deal seekers but I do not. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and and I have stayed in a few under thirty a night places. For over fifty dollars I have never felt so ripped off.

Room Tip: Stay away please
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had to stay here with little choice, horrible, ironically I saw a homeless man on the side of the road while on my way back to the hotel who looked to be in despair, I offered him a room under my account for the night and he appeared very thankful and highly appreciative, it was the least I could because of the cheap prices on the rooms plus my discount. I got him to the travel lodge and he expressed to me how thankful he was of the gesture, but he also felt it necessary to tell me that even homeless folks have standards and he would be better off in the streets. Odd.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank jimmylongman
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2011

DO NOT GO THERE!!! The only reason I chose this Travelodge is because I stayed there before about 5 years ago......it was nice then......it has really took a huge dive since! Upon our arrival it looked like it was a neglected piece of property.....I dare call it an accomodation! The lobby was filthy! no central AC so they had some kind of walmart style plug in unit........very unprofessional. It didn't seem to be doing too well considering the pooped-out attendants who no dout suffer that way everytime they come to work.Very unprofessional. I mean one guy had some type of sauce(maybe mustard from his earlier lunch break) on the front of his shirt. The guy who took our reservation was not all there. He looked like he would rather be home on the couch watching old sponge bob reruns. When we bypassed all of these signs.........we came to the rooms. When we opened the door we could not bypass the heat nor the stench that engulfed us from the rooms. AC looked broke. the overall aperrance looked filthy to say the least! A family friend wouldn't even let her children venture into the room......saying "stay in the car!" We went to the front and got our money back from a very confused front desk attendant......then again.....he did look like that when I first saw him. Good thing the Baymont Inn was right next door! For just $27 more per night you get a very enjoyable stay with....be still my heart....great AC. Perfect for those 100 degree days and nights. All things considered this is a terrible place to stay..... I would hate to have seen their free breakfast! Travel next door & Lodge there!

Room Tip: go to baymont inn next door
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends