“Worst Place on The East Coast”

Quality Inn Greenville
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Jonesville, North Carolina
“Worst Place on The East Coast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

We travel alot with my sons baseball team and have for the past five year. We have been to many areas up and down the east coast and by far this is the worst place I have ever seen. Upon arriving, the area looked inviting ,average, nothing special .Which was ok until I open the door to the room!!! The room was MUSKY ,MOLDY AND VERY OUT DATED.Nothing in the room looked clean.I pulled the covers back to look at the beds and I could not believe what I saw, There were bugs and hair in both of the beds. I went to the desk to get my money back and the person at the desk response was, it happens. Do you want your money back .What a DUMB QUESTION..........I took pictures of this because I still can't believe what I saw!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank BaseballMom2922

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
shir74
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

This a one of the properties which was Fairfeild, Marriott. But with the change in Flag the property has maintained its standards. Will stay again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
northcarolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

I generally look for a few basic things when I travel for work. Room with micro/fridge, workout equip and internet. The hotel had these things but the rooms were small and dingy, gym equipment working but old and breakfast very basic.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Pinehurst, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

I called the front desk on a chilly Jan evening and was surprised how they welcomed my business. The room was a little ruff around the edges and many of the fixtures fragile -shower curtain fell on me while I was in the shower. The sheets were probably the softest ever for a budget hotel…and they were new! Great hot breakfast! I will definitely stay here when in Greenville….the people made the difference!

• Liked — The soft sheets & the nice staff!
  • Disliked — The shower curtain fell on me while in the shower!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

I am a non-smoker. I frequently stay at this hotel. The reasons are many fold. 1) The price is very good for the product 2) The staff has always been friendly and helpful from early in the morning to late at night 3) The rooms are quiet - I've never heard footsteps above me or tv/voices next to me 4) I can park right in front of my room - very convenient 5) It's always clean 6) They have been working to update many of the finishes - nice new granite in bathroom 7) Not that its often, but when there are any issue with noise/"drama" in the parking lot or elsewhere the management immediately intervenes. 8) Convenient location if you are going over to the hospital 9) Free breakfast actually pretty good for a hotel 10) Close to my favorite restaurant "Thai Kitchen" and my room had a little fridge for the leftovers 12) Great hotel points and bonuses 11) wireless internet to write reviews

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MeAwayfromHome
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

Stayed here for a one-night stopover. The room was a bit dated but clean. Staff at check-in and check-out were pleasant and helpful. Many restaurants in the area. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2006
1 Thank travelooor
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2007

This hotel was pretty decent. It wasn't the fanciest, but pretty nice. It is also in a pretty convenient location. There is an asian buffet onsite, and Denny's across the street. The location puts you near the medical distict, but not too far out of the way. The room we had was a king room that included a couch, refrigerator and microwave. The TV had the full cable selection. The bed was reasonably comfortable, as was the couch. The bathroom was ok also. This hotel includes outdoor corridors and an outdoor pool (too cold when i was there). Also every morning there was breakfast in an area off the lobby. The breakfast included egg patties (little round eggs) sausage links, a waffle maker, donuts, juices, bagels etc. Not bad for a 50 buck hotel. The hotel filled up while we were there but didn't get too loud or rowdy. I'd stay there again.

Stayed February 2007