Rodeway Inn & Suites
$59
$157
$148
Hilton.com
Affordable Suites of America, Greenville(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$65
$119
$107
$99
HolidayInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just recently stayed at this hotel and it was the worse experience I have ever had. I booked this hotel thru hotels .com and it was the only one in the city that had rooms and I was in the city for a funeral. I booked two rooms and was charged $150 per room. I knew it was a lot of money but I had no choice. When we checked into the rooms I was horrified at what we had gotten. It was so dirty you were almost afraid to touch anything,the curtains would not go all across the windows so people could look right in,I ask for tape but never got any. The bathtub was so filthy you wouldn't dare step in it, a electric fixture in the bath was hanging out of the ceiling. The sink would not drain and no mattress covers on bed.terrible looking people hanging around. I took pictures and plan to send them to The Mayor,health department and everyone else I can. I slept with my clothes on and it would have been nice to have been able to brush my teeth. Do not stay here and I plan to contact Choice Hotels also. I have traveled all over the world and this was the pits. They would not even consider giving me a refund and I cannot believe they could keep a straight face and tell me that.DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Greenville & stay @ this Hotel ( Old Motel 6) rate was good & renovation was going on I got new renovated suite room & its good clerk (Lawrence) told me that they converting to rodeway inn choice hotels brand in next week
I like the location & room rate was good wiil stay again

Room Tip: suites rooms are nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank patnaut
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel because our friends booked it for us. It was very convenient to where we wanted to go there just wasn't much around the motel. We traveled with our dog. During the night and the early morning hours the next day, my husband took our dog outside and there were quite a few people just loitering around the premises, leaning up against doors and buildings. It made him and the dog uncomfortable. The room itself was just average. The beds were not queen size, the bathroom was very small and cramped. - but it's a Motel 6. I don't guess we could have expected otherwise. Don't expect much besides a bed to sleep in and a place to shower. The room was basically clean, but not fresh-smelling clean. Actually, I kind of wondered when was the last time the bedspreads had been laundered.

I mention our dog for one reason. We spent one night at the motel. She started scratching the next day. By the time we got home that night, she had a full-blown skin infection. I'm not saying the motel or its premises had anything to do with the skin infection, but to me it seemed to be a bit too much of a coincidence. If we had to go back, we'd probably stay there again but not with our dog. Personally, I think I'd save up a bit more money and upgrade to a hotel/motel with a little bit more to offer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I came to visit a friend and needed a pet friendly, inexpensive motel. The moment I got out of my car to check in I was accosted by a resident. I had made my reservation on line and requested a non-smoking room but the first room s-t-u-n-k of smoke. So I was transferred to another room. When I was finally able to get into that room (after two more trips to the front desk) it also smelled strongly of smoke and there were cigarette ashes all along the "head rail" of the bed. At that point I was done and requested a refund. Miranda, at the front desk, was the only bright spot in this whole misadventure. She was friendly, professional and accommodating. Miranda, you are way too good for that dump! After this experience I will never stay in a Motel 6, no matter which one. So, they can leave the light on for me but they will just be wasting energy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PoodleMaus
motel6greenville, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. All the feedback we get, whether positive or negative helps us improve the quality of our service.

First let me say, I will certainly forward your positive remarks to Maranda. She is our most recent addition and has quickly become a valuable employee.

I am sorrowed to hear the problems you had with the room. Unfortunately, without your name I was unable to look up the information about your stay, however, if you will call me at the motel or email me, I will be happy to look up your stay and offer you a discount toward a future stay with us.

We are, unfortunately, aware that many of our non-smoking rooms have been smoked in. This is a problem we inherited when purchasing the property this summer. While we have made efforts to stop this behavior and treat rooms, it is taking time to remove some of the lingering smoke smell in some rooms. The best solution is the removal of carpets, drapes and painting, which I'm happy to say will begin next week.

We have completed most of the structural repair and will begin priming and painting next week with carpeting to follow. A firm date has not be established for furniture and bedding, but the owners have indicated that process will underway prior to December with a completion date sometime in January. Some of the more cosmetic issues are also slated to take place during the next three-four months.

I welcome you and all visitors to Greenville to stop by and see the changes as they take place.
Lawrence

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This review highlights several negatives , as there are no positives…

My wife and I stayed here for two nights, only because the folks we were running around Gville with had already checked in here. I had stayed at this location, alone, about a year earlier, and was far from impressed; we usually stay at the Quality Inn on Memorial Drive: it offers numerous amenities that the Motel 6 does not, and for only about $10 more per night. (Daily maid service, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and a great breakfast. THAT motel I highly recommend!)

The first thing my wife said when we walked into the room was, “This room smells funny!” And it was not a funny-good smell. It was a combination of stale cigarette smoke (in a supposedly non-smoking room) coupled with something else. As soon as I stepped over to turn the AC on (in bare feet) I told her why it stank: the carpet felt NASTY, in general, and was obviously in need of a deep cleaning…but the whole area around the AC unit was very wet. Improper drainage had apparently caused it to drain condensation back into the room, and created a musty odor. Unfortunately, the unit also was barely operational, and the room finally cooled down to a comfortable level about the time we awoke the next morning…long, hot night of little sleep.

The room had two beds, and I first chose the one nearest the AC. When I turned down the covers, there was a notable amount of hair and “stuff” lying on the bottom sheet. I honestly believe that this bed had been used and remade without the linen being washed. (The other was clean, and we had no clue how poorly the AC would perform, or we would have demanded another room)

We were gone all day, returning after 5PM only to find that the beds had not been made, nor were any clean towels left. My wife went to the front desk, where she was responded to very rudely by the woman working there. She told my wife that she would have to check to see if our room was “scheduled” for service. (WHAT??!!) When my wife asked what that meant, the woman stated, “There is a notice in every room that we only provide maid service every other day.” (WHAT??!!) [There was no such “notice” posted anywhere in our room]

LOUD place! Not simply loud/inconsiderate neighbors---- although that was certainly true---- but just constant activity: cars pulling through the parking lot at all hours of the night, and frequent comings-and-goings on the second floor. I certainly don’t know what the reasons might have been for this, but it clearly reminded me of the ‘red light district’ motels in Germany from when I was stationed there, that specialized in 1-hour room rentals… ‘nuff said.

I wouldn’t recommend this location to ANYONE, not even a group of folks just chipping in a few bucks each for a place to party and crash. It is run-down, nasty, and ---- to use a word my teenage kids would toss out---- “sketchy.” I am ex-military, so I have stayed in lots of places “on the cheap” and have seen lots of things, but there were folks hanging-out here that raised my “situational awareness” level up a few notches.

My wife is a good sport, but I definitely owe her an apology for this experience!

Management can profess that they are “remodeling” if they wish… that in no way excuses the above! [And I didn’t see any indication of any remodeling going on over the two days we were there, anyway: no workers, no vehicles, no equipment, nothing! In fact, I never saw a single motel worker besides the front desk employees, not even a single maid cart, and definitely no security]

In short, stay elsewhere: there are other inexpensive motels nearby that offer the traveler far more for the same amount of $$

Room Tip: Stay at Quality Inn on Memorial Drive, instead
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank flex68
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your response. It is disheartening to hear the number of issues you experience during your stay. The renovations we have going on right now are internal - wiring, plumbing, cable, internet etc. As those are taking place we have started work on our air conditioner units, but with more than 125 units to service this is taking some time to complete them all - units that can be fixed are being fixed, others replaced.
The full renovation does not begin until November. At that time we will be replacing everything in the rooms, furniture, carpeting, bedding and fixtures. Until that time, we are training the new staff and working to improve the quality of each room we have. Comments like yours, even though negative, help us in that process.
I hope you will return after we have completed the renovations and give us a chance to show you the improvements and higher standards we are working to put into place. Lawrence