“Do not stay at this hotel.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. My experience was awful. When I checked into the first room the air conditioner did not work. I was switched to another room and the air conditioner was only marginally better. It was so loud there was no way I was going to sleep. The door to the room would not close and the light above the bathroom sink did not work. After taking off my shoes, I noticed the rug was soaking set. When I asked for a refund, I was told I would not receive my monies for 5 to 7 business days. I had prepaid my stay four days in advance. Spare yourself and never stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. FInd another hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andy B
motel6greenville, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for you reponse. As of May 30, 2012 we are under new ownership and new management. We welcome you to visit our property again and you will note a lot of changes happening very quickly. Addressing your concerns from your previous stay, new air conditioners have been installed in several rooms as of this past Saturday (June 16) and all the units are scheduled to be serviced in the next two weeks. I'm unsure if it was a member of our staff or the previous staff that made the comment about 5-7 days for your money to be refunded. If it was a cash payment, a refund should have been made immediately. For credit and debt cards, it can take up to 7 business days - this is due to the way credit cards are processed and is a standard among all hotels. I hope you will consider our hotel in the future and will come see the renovations once we have them completed. Lawrence

Reviewed May 16, 2012

we couldnot find rooms on weekend in better brand so end up with staying in motel-6.Didnot expect much .glad to see clean room.old building need some attention.Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: donot take room on 2nd building.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My wife & I were in Greenville for my sons graduation and decieded to save some money by staying here for four nights 12/16-12/20/09. We had stayed here 4 years before and it wasn't too bad at that time. We knew it wasn't the best choice this time but we felt we would be coming back late from our sons apartment and leaving early and only be sleeping & showering there.
We arrived late, 1am. They put us on the second floor near the end, #214, in the rear or middle building facing Red Banks Road. At first we thought that would be great. Out of the way. Back of the property. Quiet. BIG MISTAKE!! HUGE MISTAKE. The first night when we walked up the stairs to the room, the door to the room at the top of the stairs was opened a crack ( no pun on later words ). We thought that was strange but when we finally went to bed, we could here and see cars, taxies and people coming and going all night visiting the "open door room". We figured someone was using the room to sell drugs because by morning the occupant was gone. This room looks well used for this.
The next morning I mentioned what happened last night to the front desk and she said nothing! We paid for another night and hoped for the best. At least the dealings the night before were fairly quiet. Thursday and Friday night were pritty uneventful.
The rooms are in major need of updating, at least in the middle building. Beds were comfortable, plenty of hot water, bathroom was clean although the tub had something all over the floor. There were holes in the chair, holes in the bedspread, holes in the drity curtians, the first alert fire alarm had a plastic bag over it and the heater didn't work on low speed.
Returning to our room on Saturday night late again,1am, we found the parking lot full of cars and people. Mostly African Americans. People coming and going like it was noon. Partying, drinking, swearing and yelling. On the stairwell to the second floor we passed people just hanging out. We got to our room, closed and locked the door, turned the heater fan on hi to mask any outside noise and thought we would have an OK night. NOT!! For an hour it sounded like someone was getting thrown into the walls. The floors and walls were shaking and doors were slamming. Finally at 2am I called the front desk and told her I was calling the police. She said it was the motel employee Christmas party and couldn't stop it. I said "right next to a guest's room?" After further investigation she said the Christmas party was in a different building. She said she had the sheriff right there and he will take care of it. He did quiet it down for a little while. 5am same thing! I called the front office again and she answered " YAH ". Sheriff was sent again.
When we left in the morning there was trash, beer cans, bottles, chicken bones, all over the parking lot including used condoms.
We knew it was a roll of the dice to stay here so we payed one day at a time. After that night and what we found the next morning, we would not have stayed another night nor will we ever stay there again. BUYER BEWARE! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Holzy1
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I paid $36 and have no complaints. Actually, I was shocked the King room had both a fridge and microwave! Plenty of $100+ rooms lack those basic of amenities. The bed was large and comfortable, no shortage of hot water in the morning for a shower, and the A/C kept me nice and cool on a hot night. I didn't expect any more than that for what I paid, and had no noise complaints or any other problems during my one night stay.

I never saw bugs, or rodents in the room. The room was clean and up to my standards again based on the price paid. If you want nice aesthetics, go somewhere else and pay $100+, but don't be surprised if you don't get a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank A1B1C1D1
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Hi there! What a mess! I went to Greenville to move my daughter in for move in weekend. Greenville, as most college towns, should be avoided during move in weekend!

This Motel 6 is ok. My wife wanted to use the CSI blue light and red light to look at and identify the stains on the carpet, bedspread, and my choice was that we should not want to know! The bugs are actually present as noted in other reviews. My wife said that the roach on the bathroom wall was unacceptable; I found him to be quite personable until he met my wife's shoe. I located his next of kin and let them know we were sorry for the loss. Bottom line is that my daughter's version of 'this place is great' does not translate to the expectations of a 41 year old spouse who is used to the caliber of a Marriott Courtyard. Needless to say we did fine, but please understand that this is a place to stay, fine for a guy, college student on their own dime, etc...

The price is GREAT! $35.99 online is fine. I recommend it for the dad moving the child in, the child on a budget, etc but please avoid with a spouse!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I have never seen a dirty hotel room like this before. It was just plain nasty. The bathroom had hair all over the toilet seat, there was no bath tissue in the room. At all! There was only one washcloth in the room and that had some kind of a stain on it. No other towels. The furniture was old, outdated. Needless to say, I Did Not spend the night there. Outside of the old looking building there were a couple of, what seemed like, homeless people hanging around. Just walking around and around the hotel. I didn't find this place safe or clean enough for my children.
I do not recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ferike
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2004

have never actually stayed at a Motel before, but arrived here late at night after getting into Greenville Airport. reception was open and had everything sorted so i could get to my room straight away and sleep. bathroom floor was dirty, but apart from that it was clean and lots of room. no breakfast included except coffee, assuming you drink coffee, which i dont. Waffle house across the road do fantastic waffles though.

• Stayed: August 2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Quality Inn Greenville
#6 of 7 in Washington
Econo Lodge Greenville
Econo Lodge Greenville
#16 of 22 in Greenville

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!