“Horrible Service, Okay food”

The Blackened Kraken Bar & Grill
Ranked #88 of 339 Restaurants in Greenville
Description: A laid back atmosphere, The Blackened Kraken Bar & Grill offers seafood & made from scratch, authentic southern food!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When my friends and I went to the Blackened Kraken for brunch on Sunday, we had HORRIBLE service. I asked my waiter if they had hot tea and he said he was not sure that he would go check. Then when he came out to give everyone their water. When I asked him about the tea he said "I didn't ask", with no apologies or promises that he would look into it for me. Then for the next 10 minutes I waited to either see him or have him come back to the table to tell me about the tea, which he didn't. I had to flag him down at which point he told me they did have tea and took 5 minutes to bring it to me. I waited 20 minutes for my drink. We then waited for at least 40 minutes for our food and our waiter was hard to find at all during that time. When we got our food, it took us several minutes to get silverware to actually eat our food. (The food was also only okay, especially for how long we had to wait for it) My husband had ordered a side of andouille sausage and I had ordered a side of the sausage gravy. Our extra sides came in 2 oz containers. My husband asked for more sausage which he was given and I decided to make due with my small amount of gravy since I had a lot of other food. However when we got our check, they tried to charge me $3 for a 2oz container of gravy. When I asked to speak to a manager, the waiter came back and said that the manager said they were too busy and he could take a message. I told him that I would not pay that much for such a small container of gravy. The waiter went back and took the gravy off of my check and told me that the managers do not come out for something so small. I have never EVER heard of a manager that refused to come and speak to a customer who is dissatisfied. I had not even said why I wanted to speak to the manager before they said that they would NOT come speak to me. That is YOUR JOB! If customer service is something that is "too small" of a concern for you, I will not be bringing my business to your restaurant anymore.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great food, something different than your typical southern fried food. Good atmosphere and service. Owner and chef takes pride in their establishment, so the food is always fresh

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We waited an hour for our food and it came out in stages. Food was ok but not at all near the wait. Chicken bowl and chicken quesadilla tasty, burger pretty standard, bbq sandwich not like southern bbq—has red bbq sauce like what us southerners would put on chicken.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

This is one of our semi-regular places to go and we have yet to be disappointed. Service is always top notch - friendly and attentive always. I ordered the blackened red snapper which was on special. The fish was cooked perfectly, was delicious and also a very generous portion. Sides we're dirty rice and sauteed vegetables which were also delicious. My husband ordered a burger and fries, his usual, and said it was delicious. Always great food here and look forward to more additions to the menu like the awesome red snapper. They also have a nice selection of cocktails, wine and craft beers including some from local breweries. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed July 21, 2019

If you want Kraft Mac Cheese Sauce as your cheese sauce, go for it. This is unbelievably bad - there is not one molecule of Cajon in anything they make. Bland, overcooked, and not Cajon. Forget it. This is not the place.

Date of visit: July 2019
Andrew K, Owner at The Blackened Kraken Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

Ken, we apologize that you do not like our cheese sauce that is used as only one of many different ingredients in only two of our menu items. We can guarantee you, however, that we do not use Kraft Mac & cheese sauce when we make our cheese sauce from scratch. We also apologize that there is not one molecule of Cajon anything that we make. We can guarantee you that there is plenty of authentic Cajun food on our menu. Cajun food isn't for everyone so we do respect your decision to go elsewhere.

Been to The Blackened Kraken Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!