“Way overrated”

Parkers Barbecue Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 286 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was told that I must have barbecue at Parkers when I am in Greenville. I was terribly disappointed. The pork was flavorless. The corn bread (?) was cold. The sides were overcooked--and I say that as one who likes my vegetables cooked more than a lot of people.
Go to Bea's and do take-out for barbecue.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Followed the reviews to Parkers. We were not dissappointed, the food was delicious. The pork was out of this world, as were the sides. The staff are very friendly and helpful, we sat right down and ordered. Shame this is so far from my home, I would make it my new go-to place. It's not fancy but it is clean. They only take cash......

Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you like pulled pork, brunswick stew, gizzards and livers, fried chicken in fact all things carolina bbq.. this is the place for you. For around 11 bucks each you and your family can enjoy and all you can eat meal but you never have to leave your seat

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I fly back home, I stop by Parker's for great eastern NC BBQ. They have dine-in, or take out. Either way, service is fast, no frills, but oh so good, and you can't beat the price! This is down-east cooking. Tangy BBQ, with hush puppies, cornbread, cole slaw & sweet tea. If you want simple no frills service and a delicious meal, give em a try!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Parkers is a throwback to 1960s or 70s family restaurants in the south. Stopped in after an ECU baseball game and had the buffet, which is brought to your table family style. It is nice that you can sample a variety of dishes; none were spectacular, none bad. The best were the BBQ, which is solid NC-style pork, and along with the clearly home-made fried chicken and hush puppies; the mac and cheese was above average. The green beans and potatoes were average - not great, not bad. Coleslaw is minced and overly vinegar-y for my taste. The "BBQ Chicken' was oven-cooked, tender and juicy but smothered in a watery sauce of dubious lineage. The brunswick stew was average. And they only take cash.