“Great Staff, comfortable beds, will bring group back”

Best Western Plus Suites-Greenville
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This staff makes you feel like home away from home. We had a group there for 3+wks.
Beds are very comfortable. Pillows could be a little more varied in soft & hard choices.
Rooms need to be updated - decor, TV & stand but the room is comfortable and housekeeping keeps it clean despite the older fixtures and decor.
Breakfast is fair - little less than others.
Close to restaurants, easy drive to hospital & ECU.
Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Desk Clerk Chelsea was very loud and rude. Very obvious of a problem she had with another guest and decided to share it with me (not professional). With the things she said about that guest, you can only imagine what she would say about you to another. Her conversation continued after I left with someone else and she was so loud, I could hear the same conversation as I was walking to my room down the hall.

Used the bathroom and toilet overflowed. I was offered a plungger.

Breakfast had wrapped bread which was old, hard and stall.

Wifi very slow.

Overall, the building and the location was nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We stayed at this location many times from 2006-2010 while visiting our son at ECU. It is very close to the university. Each visit we found the hotel to meet all our needs. It isn't one of the newer hotels in Greenville, but the customer service is good and the rooms are clean. We enjoyed the pool several times. There has always been plenty of parking available. One complaint is that it is a little hard to get out on the main road from the hotel. There are restaurants, grocery stores and drug stores very close by also. The rooms are a nice size. It has always been quiet. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Nothing special here. The rooms were nice and plenty clean and were pretty large. The breakfast was nice.

The hotel provided transportation for the wedding we attended but had terrible service with the buses. They left early with few people on them then took too long coming back and we never found them at the end of the night. This could have been arranged better - it's not like they've never provided transportation for groups before!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 29, 2010

Dear sir,

I am sorry you didnt receive the message; the arrangements that were made with the wedding party were to make one pick up and one drop off, at the times requested. We only dropped off four for the reception. When it came time to pick up, the driver waited 45 minutes and when the wedding guest came out, they wanted to be taken downtown and to different locations other than the hotel. Unfortunately, we were not able to accommodate other request for those drop offs. It was only meant to be, strictly a hotel shuttle.
We thank you for your business and we do hope if you are in the area that you will stay with us again.
Kindest Regards,
Best Western Suites of Greenville

Reviewed May 19, 2010

First of all, I'd like to say that I have no problems with the hotel itself. The
rooms (2 double beds, WIFI, refrigerator, continental breakfast, no pool yet) met
our needs and were roomy and clean. My problem is with the gouging that goes on for
events such as graduation weekend at ECU. My wife and I stayed at this hotel 2 months
ago and paid $92 per night(taxes included). For our last 2 day stay, we were charged
$200 per night (taxes included). We had spent the 2 nights prior to that weekend
stay at the Quality Inn in Kinston at a rate of $76 per night. The Quality Inn had
accommodations similar to those at the Best Western (2 beds, Wifi, refrigerator and
no pool yet) for less than 1/2 the cost per night. The reason? it is about 25 miles away
from ECU campus.
The Best Western was booked the first 2 nights of our stay, which is why we stayed in
Kinston. Rooms opened up after graduation day, Saturday. We didn't realize that the
elevated rates stayed the same or we would have stayed at the Quality Inn.
When my wife checked out Monday morning, she was shocked to see we had been charged $400 for 2 nights stay. She was sure that the clerk had quoted her something much lower when she called 2 days earlier. But, she did sign the registration sheet and the price was as stated, We just didn't check close enough.
When I called the next day to register my complaint, I was informed by the hotel manager that the rates get jacked up for certain events and we happened to hit a big weekend in
Greenville. When I asked her if bumping up the rates so high wasn't gouging the public,
she pointed out that the other hotels in the area were jacking up their rates even higher.
She seemed proud that Best Western was only gouging patrons a percentage of the competition's rates. She wished me a good day and we ended the conversation.

Again, the hotel was fine as far as accommodations go. If you must stay there, please be sure to check the rates and, if you feel you are being taken advantage of, check the other hotels in the outlying towns. You can get a great deal with similar accommodations for a lot less. In this economy, it is not right that hotels feel justified taking advantage of travelers who come to town to see their children because those kids are graduating. $200 per night should be the price of a 4-star hotel, not a Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jmoleman
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We have always stayed at this Best Western on our visits to our daughter. I really like the location of the hotel and the continental breakfast that is included. The rooms are clean and very comfortable.

1  Thank Deac2Pirate
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I stayed in the Greenville Best Western's most expensive room, the King bed with a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi worked very well and I was really happy with how nice the room was for the price. I felt like I got just what I paid for. The front desk was also really sweet and provided us with a corkscrew when we were in a pinch and needed to open that bottle of wine! However, there were two things about my trip that were less than perfect. There was no microwave in my room even though the description promised one. Also, the comforter was blood stained, although it was honestly in the middle of a pattern that might make such a stain hard to notice. I do want to stress that the breakfast was great and the room was clean in all other respects. I would recommend this hotel and I plan on returning!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple