“Just OK”

Good for: Families with children
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Had lunch at this Applebee's while on a business meeting in the area. There were 8 of us dining at lunch time. Not sure their wait staff was prepared for a large group at lunch time. We were seated at a booth with table combination, but they didn't calculate the space properly, I ended up sitting on the end of the table in the aisle area. Our waitress must have been overwhelmed by the number in our party - she tried to be on top of her game when getting our orders. Took some of our drink orders while the rest of us were using the restroom - however, when she took the rest of the drink orders, she forgot mine. I had to remind her when I placed my food order although it was clear to see I didn't have a drink in front of me. The food was ok, what I will say is the lunch combo of two items was a good deal, but the for amount of salad they serve I would suggest a larger plate to hold it, I kept having problems along with a few other ladies with our salads falling out of our "bowls" each time we tried to get a bite on our forks. Additionally one of our ladies ordered the hot wings and they were late getting to the table and the waitress said - I'm sorry they got taken to someone else's table - UGH - we all wondered were they literally sat on someone else's table, taken back and then brought to ours? We hope not. This restaurant is conveniently located across from the hotel we were at for our business meeting - The City Hotel & Bistro - so it makes a good choice for a lunch meal - just be sure to have an entire hour for your lunch.

• Visited April 2012

Greenville, North Carolina
“Greenville Applebee's OK and Crowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I like the food at this Applebee's. The service is OK - they seem to have a lot of turnover in staff. Its always crowded so maybe that says good things bout the food. Its just average to me.

“Complete remodeling inside & out, excellent change.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice upgrade. Food was good and service very good. Wait staff was very attentive. Good value

“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I haven't been to the Applebee's in Greenville in a while, but bored with other restaurants in town, my family and I decided to give it a try the other day. We went for dinner and immediately noticed a complete remodel since the last time we ate there. Not sure what they're doing to the building outside right now, but the inside looks great - new bar, booths, walls.... It looks like a completely new restaurant (although their bathrooms could still use some work!) We ordered off of the 2 for $20 menu... I had the steak with shimp and Parmesan, my husband ordered the bruschetta chicken, and my kids split a chicken tender and a riblet basket. The food was wonderful, our server was friendly and attentive to our needs (my kids loved her!), and the manager even stopped by the table to check on us. All around a fantastic experience... We will for sure be back!

US
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Normally I would not review a chain restaurant. But since I have been to multiple Applebee's and have enjoyed my experiences at all of them it seemed that this one in particular needed a review. This Applebee's is known as "Crapplebees" by many locals - and for good reason. The service is horrible and the food is subpar. But we decided to try it since we hadn't had Applebee's in town.

If I didn't know better I would have thought our latest experience was the waitress's first gig. She came back multiple times to clarify our order and our food came out at the same time as our appetizer. When we were ready to leave, we had our card ready to pay and she cleared our table before ever taking the card. When it was clear that she was not returning I had to ask the hostess to run the card so we could actually leave and never return!

• Visited October 2011