“Nicest hotel in Greenville New property with large rooms”

Residence Inn Greenville
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stay in Greenville a lot and flip flop between the Hampton Inn and Hilton. This hotel is so much nicer it is new with modern and bright furnishings. The other hotels have gotten dated and dreary. I am in the smallest room at RI and it is twice the size of rooms in the other hotels and has a full kitchen.
Cons: staff at other Hilton properties are much nicer and accommodating.

Breakfast was fine here at the RI except the area is poorly planned with one waffle maker causing a line of 5 guests waiting and blocking access to other foods and drinks the entire time we were down for breakfast. My son who loves waffles decided not to wait. They truly need to get another waffle maker and move them out of the way. This was on a very slow morning.

Location- I much prefer the location of the Hilton propertied being close to restaurants, shopping and the stadiums. This property is in the medical district and not far from downtown.

Was not here for evening socials which appear to happen 2 or 3 weeknights but they have a bar set up for them, but not open for guests to purchase drinks at other times. It would be a great plus to be able to purchase a drink in the evening one thing I like about the Hilton. Hampton Inn's managers social is Mon-Wed.

This property physically is really the best and with a few changes they could be overall incredible.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice hotel and the rooms are clean and spacious. The only thing I would thing that bothered me is during breakfast, there were sometimes not enough utensils or dishes missing. Wanted to have cereal but no spoons available or on another day wanted oatmeal but no bowl. Took awhile for someone to show up in the kitchen to ask for missing items. Minor things but did not hinder the overall good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mtlgal2000
Reviewed October 13, 2013

On our way to spending a week at Emerald Isle, NC, we stopped to take my granddaughter, who goes to ECU, to dinner. We stayed at the new Residence Inn in Greenville, NC and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel and rooms were. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn and did not expect to have a living room, kitchen and bedroom. The breakfast the following morning was very nice, with a mix of hot and cold foods. The eating area was very large and nice. If in the area, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dottimann
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel was brand spanking new and very chic. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The lobby had a computer with a printer and a great fireplace. There is also a chic area to chill out. The only negative was the food, it was horrific. The first morning there were grits that were not cooked. The second morning there were eggs that were tasteless and rubbery. I believe if the hotel were to retrain the cooks and serve better food this hotel will be a ten. Unfortunately, I can't stay at a hotel where breakfast is included but inedible. Other than the bad food nice place to stay but I think they could use some security as well. I did see some strange random fellow walking around and he looked like an addict.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Residence Inn by Marriott is one of the best hotels to stay at. I always stay at the Hilton Greenville, but was going to give this hotel a try. The staff at the desk was very nice.The only dislike was the Am breakfast Staff and overnight manager.He was very unpleasant. Overall highly recommend anyone to stay here if they are coming to the area for an overnight trip only.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renzo10019
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This property just opened a few weeks before my stay. Check in was efficient and pleasant. My room was modern and had a nice loft/studio feel to it. Kitchen area is a plus if you are staying for more than a couple nights, and nice to have the fridge to keep drinks cold. Bed Linens were very nice as well as towels etc. A negative was my room was directly over a lit exterior entry way so it was like I was sleeping on a light bulb. Another downer was that when I went to make coffee in the morning, there was a old moldy coffee filter pack in it. The lobby area/sitting area is odd. The table are small and I could barely fit my lap top and coffee on it. The interior design is trying to be too modern versus efficient. There were a lot of children running around, including 2 that stayed on the computer to print boarding passes for at least 45 minutes. I thought the hotel staff should recommended to the parents that it is not for children to surf facebook and play games. The janitorial staff was far from transparent and they were practically vacuuming under my feet when I was trying to get work done. There was a complimentary breakfast, but I did not have any of it. Front desk was very helpful when I needed directions etc. I would stay here again but for some reason the brand new aspect of it is not an overwhelming upside of the property. Oh, lastly, I thought parking was not so great. Limited places to eat in the area that are not old chains from the 1980's. I gave cleanliness a Poor because the moldy coffee filter was unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had such a delightful stay at this hotel. I ran into an issue with the rates and it was corrected with a smile. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and offering to help. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Greenville area.

• Stayed: August 2013