“Inappropriate Service”

Osaka Bistro
Ranked #66 of 282 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friends & I love Osaka. The food is great, affordable, and plenty to choose from. It's a usual go to for our crowd, but after a recent visit I'm not so sure.

There were two young male servers "joking" around with the customers & often coming up to tables, including ours and would interrupt our conversation mid sentence.

They then began talking out loudly to one another so all the guests were distracted by this, but what took the cake for me is when they began singing songs from Disney's Frozen while walking through the restaurant.

I found this very unprofessional. Our table as well as several others were exchanging looks and eye rolls by this display. It truly made our dining experience uncomfortable.

Keep up the great deals and excellent food, but please let those two servers know that no, "I do NOT want to build a snowman", I want to enjoy my sushi.

3  Thank jonsey1988

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went here for the first time with a friend of mine that is Chinese. She introduced me to the owners and then she ordered a few of the authentic dishes on the menu. The food was amazing! Also, they have a buffet that is amazing. It's not your typical buffet where the food sits out. They bring you all you can eat to your table and it's freshly cooked. Also, on weekends they offer dim sum! I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys Japanese/Chinese cuisine.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a great idea, menu ordering buffet. You can order from a large menu of about 40 items from Chinese to Japanese to sushi and they make it fresh. Want more after that, just order more. prices very reasonable and food quality was good. Wait staff was on spot everytime i needed something. Would recommend you try this.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We were in Greenville for a business. Our hotel staff recommended this place. So happy she did. Love the fact you order off the menu tickets. You choose 4 items. They cook your food to order. Then if you are still hungry you fill out another ticket.
I started with California rolls. Very tasty. My friend had the crab & cream cheese rolls. Not my favorite. Too creamy for me. I then got the hibachi chicken & veggies with steamed rice. The flavored were great. Round two was more california rolls and two chicken wings. they were cery crispy and flavorful. I am wheat free. Just told the hostess and wrote on my ticket no soy sauce & no wheat. They accommodated that nicely. They were very kind & helpful. We are planning on going back later in the week. Ice cream comes with it. Did not try too much already.

1  Thank phislamajama
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I frequent Sakura because it has some of the best Asian food in town. However, we stumbled upon Osaka Bistro because Sakura was closed. We're so glad that we found it!

We were going to order from the menu but opted for the buffet after the waitress explained it to us. You place your order from the buffet on a little slip of paper. You can choose from the traditional options such as egg rolls, chicken wings, various chicken dishes and soups, rice and noodles. You can even get made to order sushi! The food comes out quickly and in the perfect proportions. Everything comes on saucer sized plates and the food is cooked to order.

With such attentive staff and outstanding service, it's hard to stay away from this place.

If you're looking for excellent food and excellent prices coupled with amazing service, this is the place for you!