“One trip is enough for Tripps”
Review of Tripps Restaurant - CLOSED

Tripps Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The order was wrong for our appetizer. We waited almost half an hour for our entree. My husband's prime rib was good. I ordered the New Orleans chicken and shrimp which was not edible. The waitress asked us how our meals were. I explained that my dish was vile. She then asked me if that meant good! I explained it was awful. She did not ask if I would like something else nor did she offer to remove it from the bill. I half expected the manager to come to the table. None was forthcoming.

Won't go back again.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Overall, service and fod were so bad that we would not come here again if we had not been pleased before this visit. Other visits were much better.

It took a lomg, long time to get served and when our food came, my wife's tuna (on her salad) was very cold. She had to send it back and after another long wait, another (?) piece of tuna was served at the correct temperature.

Staff attitude about it all was disappointing - almost as though they did not care to hear any complaints.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visit Greenville often to visit my mother in-law and if we stay over a Wednesday we always enjoy Wednesday Prime Rib night at Tripp's. Service and food is great. I don't recall our waitress name tonight but they don't come any better! Reasonable prices and their babyback ribs are also great!

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were looking for late dinner after an event at ECU and following recommendations we decided to give it a try. While i have to say the service was very good our server was very kind and professional, the place was not as clean as i expected. The food was not bad but had no seasoning. Starting with the caesar salad… The dressing was bland, no kick. The steaks were ok but no wow factors, again no seasonning and felt old… I guess you can fake steaks. My daughter had salmon and it was fishy to say the least and way over cook which was probably a good thing…
Overall just ok we wll not give t another try.

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Good salad nice fish and shrimp. No cole slaw or hush puppies. Not so pricey. Mostly booths. Good atmosphere. Would return.