“In town for classes”
Review of Super 8 Greenville

Super 8 Greenville
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was in town for classes and we were advised we would be getting out of class and having to study until the wee hours of the morning. Versus driving back and forth, I checked online and found the price was too good to pass up. I booked online and got set.

My check in was pleasant with an elderly woman who greeted me warmly. I just wanted to see if my reservations were good and she told me the room was ready if I wanted to go ahead and check in. The lobby was freshly mopped. I did notice that the carpets in the stairs were worn and there was a slight smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways.

I got into the room and I was shocked. The carpets were nice (minus a couple of spots where someone placed an iron on the carpets and melted it). It smelled clean and everything was clean and smelling fresh. I did my checks of the bed, room, and bathroom. All clean and good. It was nice. I stayed for 3 nights total.

If I had to pick negatives: One morning, I noticed the smell of cigarette smoke was strong. There were cigarette ashes on the carpet on the stairs. The handrails were sticky and gross to the touch. The staff was pleasant... minus one day when I came in and there was a group of teenagers playing on the computer in the lobby and the same teenage boy was working the front desk and he was fixated on his cellular phone. Honestly, all of these were minor in my opinion. If I have to stay in town for business again I will be looking into staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

price and location were fine, Beds comfy enough and room was clean. Staff friendly and helpful

paltry breakfast . heater in room did not work and we had below freezing temps that night...chilly. water was not hot enough for a comfy shower or bath

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked thru a website for a family funeral. Arrived all dressed in black. The Manager/Owner behind the desk, Ran my husband and my cards a total of 4 times saying that they were denied. Finally he said one when thru. When we got into the smelly/no very clean room, we decided to check our accounts online as we knew the money was there but had to get a special password from the guy at the desk. When we got online our accounts indicated that we had been charged TWICE for the room. My husband headed to the counter to show him his error and he said" Welcome to the Hotel Business" but never apologized but said he would refund our money. We checked again after the viewing and it was not returned but someone different was at the counter. The older lady was not anymore friendly or helpful and said" He told me about it and you have to talk to him in the morning!" The beds were hard the only way to remotely use the pillows without you head sinking to the mattress was to double 2. We had to ask for an extra towel as there were us and our 2 children in the room. The heat setting that said comfort zone was as hot as an oven. Our son opted to sleep on the floor rather than the bed, which I wasn't happy about as they were stained with God knows what! The sign outside said "SUPER START BREAKFAST, yeah if you call 1 type of breakfast danish that had mold on it, 2 kinds of cereal and waffles you made yourself breakfast. There was a sign in the tiny breakfast area that said not to take food to your room due to a health code violation but all the tables in there had one Hispanic worked sitting at it watching TV so where were we suppose to sit and eat? The money was finally returned before we left and he was told several times that the bill was to come out of my husbands account but when checking mine a week later on Christmas eve he had put it thru mine again as well. Which we had been using for the holidays, SO he caused my account to go negative because he was insistent to put it thru when told and had already on the other account. My Brother and Sister in Law stayed there too so we would all be close, she has COPD and was unable to breath due to the heat and smell in their room. WE WERE THERE FOR A DEATH IN THE FAMILY!!! NO Compassion nor friendliness!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else! Bad in every way!!!