“Best hotel in Greenville, if you are traveling with pets.”

Econo Lodge Greenville
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before, when doing business around Greenville. This time, it was because my furnace wasn't working. This hotel is pet-friendly ($15 pet fee). It is situated near the hospital and med school campus for East Carolina University. I would not recommend walking anywhere from this hotel, as the area is not a safe place. The room was absolutely clean- not a spot of mold or dust anywhere. They have these washable remote controls for the television, too. The bed was very comfortable- solid, firm, and with double-sheeted covers and a mountain of pillows. The other thing I love about Jameson Inns is their waffle-makers in the morning. This is a relatively small hotel chain with a personal touch, and I have always found them to be consistently clean and dependable. When friends and colleagues visit Greenville, I tend to recommend that they stay here as well.
One caveat, the high-speed internet connection was spotty- might want to ask at the front desk where the signal would be strongest. They have a pool which is usually clean but very small. The hotel is used frequently by contractors as there is a lot of new construction going on in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank andogg
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Greenville

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Reservation was for a non-smoking room. When I entered my room it was obvious that the room had been smoked in due to the strong smoke odor. I called the front desk to request a change of rooms. The manager told me that my room was a non smoking room. I ask if it was a non smoking room why there was an ashtray and matches on the desk, and cigarette burns on the beadspread and bathtub. He offered to come pick up the ashtray and matches - as if that was going to make a difference I was told there were no other rooms available. I already knew the other hotels in town were full because I had tried all of the other major chains before reserving a room here. My colleage stayed a few doors down from me with roaches in his room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Kurt Davis and his very friendly (especially the late night receptionist) made this a very enjoyable stay. We have paid more at other higher-end hotels that weren't as "clean" as this hotel. I couldn't find anything in the bathroom or shower that would even resemble mold or dirt of any sort. Great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2008

absolutely no complaints. very clean, nice staff, and great waffles.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I did not check into the room - a friend staying with me did - but she didn't report any problems.

The room was tidy - basic stuff. The beds were very nice and comfy. The shower was nice. Smallish bathroom but clean. I forgot my toothbrush and a quick walk to the front desk took care of that. They gave me one.

We didn't have housekeeping come in on Sat. - but they were kind enough to bring us more towels.

We were there for Homecoming and really didn't spend much time in the room. I could see there was a pool and it looked like they took care of it.

Breakfast was decent - cereals, oatmeal, grits, waffle maker - no fresh juice and one big jar of jelly was odd and the microwave sausage biscuits were a bit suspicous to my liking but it was pretty well stocked.

The only problem we had was at check out. They charged us a price other than what was printed on my reservation. They changed it but only after an upleasant exchange of words. The front desk manager did apologize, which I appreciated, but it still left a bitter taste.

I will also say that the rooms all open to the outside - which I don't really care for. There was bright light that shone in no matter how I adjusted the curtains.

This is not the Omni or the Marriott or the Waldorf. But for the price and location, it was comfy and clean. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicksboo
Reviewed May 3, 2007

This hotel may not have the many amenities that will qualify it as world class, but in the town of Greensville, this is the best for the money. Just off a main road, behind a Waffle House, the hotel ha sa convient, safe location. The rooms are small, but ours was very clean and fresh. We only needed a room (king) for 1 night, so amenities did not matter. However, after paying twice as much as the nearby Hilton on a previous visit, this place is a better value. Entrances are from the exterior, and the a/c units are under the windows, but noise was not an issue. Carpets were not matted,dirty or "skeevy". While furnishings are on the newer side, the TV was not a flat screen, but offered all cable and HBO channels at no charge. In-room refrigerator, microwave and a coffee make were also in the room. The bathroom was really small (think "ship-size"), while the sink was set in a granite counter and was of ample size. The mattress was firm, tand the blanket was double sheeted. A free breakfast was offered., and a pool is availble, though we used neither. It appear that Jameson chain has a objective of providing a clean, friendly, and comfortable hotel room for travelers staying for short periods, and for those who do not requiring the frills and cost of large chain hotels. This hotel(motel?) was clean, and is what mattered most in my opinion. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank shoobie-do
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Stayed there in Nov. '06 on a game weekend. Found a great last minute deal through travelocity. The hotel was pretty clean and looked to be newly renovated. The room was a little small, but good enough for our needs. Since it was a game weekend in town, there were some revelers from the other team that made a little noise, bu all things considered, not a bad. sta. The bed was comfortable and thats what really mattered. Just be aware that there are exterior corridors at this hotel so plan accordingly. I didn't sample the breakfast, so I can't comment, but you're near waffle house and other food choices.

• Stayed: April 2007