“Good Experience”

Econo Lodge Greenville
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I must say that I was satisfied with my stay. Debra ( desk clerk ) was extremely hospitable and helpful. At 5:30 am, she invited me in the office for a hot cup of coffe, a smile, and a great attitude. She also allowed me to use the computer to print my sales data that I needed for the day. The only negative, is that we had some problems with the door locks working properly, and had to have them to "re-key" the card. However, the night clerk ( sorry didn't get her name ) and Debra, made our stay, an enjoyable one. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, and in good condition. Price was very fair for this property. Thanks !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Greenville

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel has nicely furnished rooms, but it ends there. We were to stay 1 week and after 3 nights we left.
1.Our keys would never work in the door and desk staff blamed us every time. They never would check out the lock to locate the problem.
2. Pool was out of order . They would make no arrangements for us to swim at another Choice hotel. We had to pay $50 to swim at the Holiday Inn across the street , so we just checked out and stayed at the fantastic Holiday Inn.
3. One stairwell at the east end of the front of the hotel is falling down and is closed. All rusted out.
Spend your money elsewhere where you will be treated with respect

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Before I review, please let me state that I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN.

I booked two rooms for June 21. My daughter had to stay on the 2nd floor, I got 1st floor right next to office. Wanted side by side, but I booked so late this was all that was available. Not management's fault. I booked two, non-smoking rooms. My daughter's room was fine, mine reeked of smoke, When I mentioned this to the young lady who checked us in, (who just happened to be standing next to our room smoking!!!) she shrugged her shoulders and said does it really? And that was it. When we shut the door, there was a man's dirty undershirt behind it. I called the desk clerk and she came right over, got a tissue and picked it up and never apologized or said a word (except to mutter under her breath, "I'm not touching that!"). Next, I found dried, either blood or juice, on the bottom of the bed skirt. Once again I told the desk clerk. She told me she would tell housekeeping in the morning as there was no one there that time of night (10 P M) which I do believe was the truth. Because the stain was near the floor and the rest of the bed was clean...including and especially the linens...I opted not to make an issue out of it. After all...the rest of the room really was clean. (The girl did tell me she would mention it to management in the morning. I believed this also.) The bathroom was huge...almost as big as the bedroom, but the toilet seat was loose and slipped from side to side.The beds were extremely comfortable and quiet and I had no trouble falling asleep. The room also had a small fridge, microwave, TV, clock and hair dryer, and iron with ironing board. It also had a pool which we didn't get to try and WiFi but we didn't use it so I don't know what the pool or internet were like.

The breakfast area was very clean. They had 4 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast, a sausage patty and egg on a biscuit, fruit, coffee, tea, juice and hot cocoa. The eating area was small but adequate for the amount of people that were in there when we were eating.

On my way back to my room I told the front desk clerk (a really nice and cheerful young lady) to please get my receipts ready as I would be back shortly to check out. I asked her if the night girl mentioned my issues. She had not. I just gave a dejected look and went to pack the car. While packing the car, I got a phone call from the manager, Edward Davis, who was at another Econo Lodge at the time. He apologized profusely and told me he would take the issues up with the proper people. He also comped my room, which I thought was very nice and was greatly appreciated. I was not unhappy with the Econo Lodge...just dumbfounded by the series of unfortunate events that made what could have been a great experience, a lot less than that. Thank you Mr. Davis, for your kindness and thank you also to the young lady who checked me out for acknowledging my problems and doing something about them. As I stated above....I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay. Room decor was dated, but clean. Pet friendly was a plus. Microwave and refrigerator worked well. No hassles, no problems, no frills. Standard continental breakfast fare. I would recommend it for a short visit and would stay again myself.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Trvlrrr
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our room is clean and nicely decorated but shows signs of age. There is a locked door to the room next door and we can hear the occupants talking. We have a king bed, desk, micro, frig, only one bedside light, easy chair, flat screen TV. The carpet is buckled in front of the sink area. We have stayed in better places for less---the motel is quite empty so the online price of almost $80 including tax seems overpriced to us. We definitely feel overcharged. The reason we chose this motel was because there is parking in front of our door which makes packing and unpacking much easier for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not connect to another room--it will be quieter. Also ask for a room down...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hotgrandmacwt
Reviewed July 14, 2013

going beyond the call of dutyand providing useful information enabling me to enjoymy stay and vist to your fair city atriple plus. When youa re lost any road will get you a destination....the leader of the pack was Ms. Deborah.......very pleadant and informative plus great personality aided me in the wee hours of the morning in finding this location gettin ouf of the storms of nature...........next was Ms. Dudley.....yound, energetic with a great smile----great service person----the cleaning staff was excellend and eager to please excellent service........the staff excellent customer skills....I am from Atlanta....and you have my business on my next trip....Benjamin Gorham

Room Tip: The staff was very accommodation and the building exterior has curb appeal....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
FaLinda J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Benjamin G,

Wow! Thank you for pointing out our valued staff members in your glowing review. We value our team here and have hand picked the finest to accomodate our guests. As you can see we are ready to help at all times whether you check in late or early. Thank you for returning here to the EconoLodge when you are in the Greenville NC area. We are truly glad to have you!

Sincerest thanks,
EconoLodge Staff (especially Deborah and Katrenia :)

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Ok, let Me start by saying I paid like $50 for this room taxes included on Priceline... I stayed 2 nights n the ONLY problem I had was the key card that was annoying but overall it was a great stay. The beds were decently comfortable but slept pretty good. The room was very clean n well kept. I was pheasantly surprised at the value I received for my dollar. the breakfast was good. Cereal milk juice bagels etc. located walking distance from the waffle house so there's ur hot food lol. Great stay for a budget conscious person. Very nice room. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013

readyfreddycom,

Hi! Thank you for your kind words! We know that being budget conscious is a very important thing in todays ever changing world. I'm happy to know that you found our hotel worth your hard earned money and hope that you will return to stay with us in the future. Thank you for being a valued guest!

EconoLodge Staff