“Great hotel for the money”

Econo Lodge Greenville
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The staff at this hotel is incredible! So friendly and willing to help. I could not have been more pleased.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property. We take great pride in our customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your saty the queality one you deserve. We look forward to you as our guest on your next visit to Greenville. Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I am a traveler in the medical field so I've stayed at a lot of hotels. The guest services staff here was so friendly and accomidating that it felt almost like home. The rooms were very clean and functional. I should know I stayed there for 8 weeks. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're ever in Greenville, NC. Kurt, Tamecia, and the rest of the staff are awesome. 5 star service for sure. CGH.

• Stayed: March 2012
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear CGH,

Thank you for allowing us to take care of you. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your stay a comfortable one during your 8 week stay. We wish you great success in your upcoming endeavors and hope that you will visit us again. We do love that you stayed with us in our hotel (home).

Kurt, Tamecia and Staff

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Had a wonderful experience! Very pleasant at check in and check out!! Super friendly staff, room was clean and the continental breakfast was much better than expected. Would definitely stay there again. We left our Ipad charger there, I called the next day, and they mailed it free of charge. The hotel manager Kurt Davis was super professional!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here in Greenvile, NC. We take pride in hearing you had a wonderful experience ahd that the staff was extremely friendly. It was my pleasure to get the ipad charger back to you in a timely and cost effective manner. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Greenville. Once again, Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here 3 weeks ago on a last minute business trip. I notified them ahead of time that I would be arriving after their cancellation time of 6pm and they said that would be fine. When I got there around 11pm all the doors were locked and the attendant assisted me through a glass window with a tiny little opening we could pass paper, card, etc. through. It was pouring down rain during this time. I noticed they had already charged my card for the stay and the attendant asked for my card again to swipe it. I questioned this since I had already been charged. She assured me that the initial transaction was just a preauth for one night in case I canceled. It wasn't. They double charged me for the whole weekend. I found out on Sunday they did the same thing to two of my coworkers. I immediately contacted them on Monday to let them know I wanted the transaction reversed. The man was completely rude and told me that it was just a preauth and it would fall off after 3 days. I told him that my bank had indicated it was finalized and was not just a preauth and my debit card holds preauths for 30 days now due to the economy and he basically told me that was my own bad luck. I spoke with the manager who asked me to email him the information he needed to send to the bank to have the charges reversed. My bank told me the charges would be reversed within 24 hours of the bank receiving the managers fax. I faxed it the same day and as of today, after 3 follow up calls to the manager to remind him, my bank still has not received the fax. My coworkers are in the same boat. He keeps saying he sent the fax, but it can't be coincidental that 3 different banks have lost or not processed the form. He is the common denominator. I will say the room was clean, the free internet was convenient, the free breakfast was lacking, and the customer service is horrible. The value for the stay will be wonderful once I get my money back. At this point I've paid double so I can't say that for sure! The other major issue was that the upstairs rooms are only accessibly by stairs on the outside which are not covered. This is a real downer in the pouring rain!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

It was my first time staying in Greenville, and I chose the Jameson Inn. The exterior looks to be antebellum colonial style, and the interior is modern and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and made the stay that much more comfortable.

The room was extremely clean, with new furniture of high quality. The continental breakfast was AMAZING, and check-in and check-out were extremely efficient and quick. There is no other place that I would rather spend my nights in Greenville NC other than the Jameson Inn.

-E.S.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here in Greenville NC. We take pride in hearing that the staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and made your stay such an enjoyable one. It was our pleasure to provide a clean, comfortable place for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Greenville NC and again thank you for choosing Jameson Inn.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

After booking the room for a very reasonable price from Hotwire, and subsequently upgrading to a nicer room for an extremely minimal fee through the hotel itself, we had a great stay. The room was not only spacious, but was extremely clean and even pleasant smelling, and included a small fridge and microwave, King size bed and a desk to work at while I prepared for my interview the next day. More importantly, the customer service was by far better than any I had experienced at much larger, well-known, and higher-level hotels. The Customer Service Manager made sure we had everything we needed, including providing a follow-up call early in the evening to be sure our stay was satisfactory. The continental breakfast the next morning included waffles, fruit, cereals, great coffee, and juices; much more than at your traditional breakfast provided at this price point. Additionally, the location of the hotel was ideal for us. All-in-all a great stay with very helpful customer service!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and cleanliness. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your room and had time to also join us for the deluxe continental breakfast we offer. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Greenville NC and we thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My fiance and i stayed here for graduation in december. Customer service was over friendly and a little creepy. The room was a nice size, very clean, but did have a funny smell at first. Nothing horrible though. I didnt get a chance to try the breakfast but it looked great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property. We pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction and friendly nature. Although at times it may seem we’re over friendly, our main goal is to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. We do love what we do. It was our pleasure to make your stay a comfortable one during your graduation visit. Please do try our breakfast on your next visit as we’re known for our Belgian Waffles, fresh fruit, and the assorted tasty muffins. We do look forward to you staying with us again on any return trips to Greenville NC and once again I say Thank you for staying with us