“Friendly cleaning staff”

Americas Best Value Inn Greenville
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Greenville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is one of the worst hotel experiences I have had at a motel.I don't know what is going with all these motels being bought by east indians and treating people very very rude.
1.I book the room thru the priceline app late at night,Just looking for somewhere to stay for a few hours for a friend and 2 kids.
2.Showed up and to check in and the front desk person had not received the reservation and he ask me what size room I booked I told him I didn't know it didn't show me or ask me how many ppl and I showed him the app on my phone.
The reservation came thru and he said it was for a king room.So I ask him can he switch to a double and he said it would be 8 a head so I said no.We just put the kids in the sleeping bags cause we just came from camping and was checking out the area plus it was late and we would be leaving in the morning.
So all he had was smoking rooms and I went to check it out.Ok room didn't smelled like smoke.Pretty decent.
We got in the room got settled and then we saw a roach in the tub.Called the front desk to let him know and he went off on me.Told me to come up front and he would refund the money and I could get out and go across the street.I could have charge you for 2 people extra.
Really?! That's how you treat people? All I was doing was making it aware.You could have sorry do you want another room?
Charge me for 2 people because I made you aware?
So I told him I was just trying to make him aware.Normally I would get real nasty back with some of these hotel owners(mainly Indians) and find another hotel but everyone was tired and I would deal with it in the morning.
So spoke with him in the morning about how rude he treated me and he proceed to be further rude.
Saying I lied about how many people on the priceline site(app).I took a pic of the roach and he asked to see it.Showed it to him and he asked to see the date on it.Well what do you know it all match..the date on the pic.Then he said I brought the roach from camping.Really roaches came with me from a campsite?Wow!!
All can I say is .....nothing..I am just lost for words.
I would have stayed for a cheap priceline bid stay in the future when I am in the area because the room is not bad.I can clearly say not after this.
Something needs to be done with these rude owners and staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels