“Good deli but Mike can be over bearing”
Review of Mike's Deli

Mike's Deli
Ranked #45 of 280 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is like a good New York deli - but not great New York deli. I will go here before I would to McAllister's. The sandwich's can be made to order or choose from preset types (I get the Italian) and it doesn't take any longer for a special order. Good bread and dressings. But, the sandwiches are a little small compared to other delis and sub shops. And, as one reviewer noted, on cheap styrofoam plates and cups. But, my first visit was very frustrating. At the counter (and before I saw the specials and preset items on a marquee above the sandwich prep counter, I saw a box of order slips. The slips allowed you to check the items on your sandwich (for those made to order ones). The slip had a lot of options. I started to fill it out, but before I had three times checked, Mike literally grabbed it out of my hands and asked what I wanted. I began to say the items I wanted. He never listened. I had to repeat things a lot. He argued with me about having pickles (slices on the sandwich vs a wedge on the side). It took a couple of moments to get him straight and then says "why didn't you say so in the first place? - grrrr, I could have smacked him. I didn't go back for awhile. But now, I just order the Italian not only because I like it but also so I don't have to deal with Mike' s BS.

2  Thank John H

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We came to Greenville to play baseball and needed a lunch time place to eat. Mike's was a recommendation and it was awesome. This is the place. Don't think twice about stopping in.

2  Thank Linedrivedad
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Mikes has great sandwiches which are both affordable and delicious. The staff are friendly and always ready to make suggestions on your next meal. Try the Jewish Cowboy if you are hungry! Authentic and reasonably priced. A sure stop if you are in Greenville!

4  Thank Dylan S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just moved to Greenville a few months ago and I have been looking high and low for a good sandwich shop. Met Deli is terrible and overpriced, Winslows is a JOKE...etc I have ended up just settling for Jersey Mike's and pretty much giving up on finding a good, fresh, baked sub in Gville. That was until I stumbled upon Mike's Deli today. I had the BEST turkey sub i've had in a long while! (Ask for it toasted!). They have a lot of homemade sauces to choose from and a great special on Turkey or Ham (3.60 for a six inch or $4.99 with chips & a drink...or $6.99 for a 12-inch with chips & a drink. Don't let the prices fool you---it is fresh, good quality, and delicious. I got mine with mayo, lettuce, tomato, & caesar dressing (tastes more like a homemade italian) toasted and it was PERFECT! My dining companion got a meatball sub and it was also amazing---you can tell the marinara sauce & meatballs were homemade! Don't miss this place if you're looking for a fresh, delicious, unpretentious sandwich. It won't disappoint & it's by far the best in Greenville--trust me i've tried everything!

Also---the precious German lady that works behind the counter is so sweet & precious. We ate outside with my puppy and she came out and offered her a few fatty corned beef scraps. She was pleasant, helpful, and made a delicious sandwich!

3  Thank Sara S
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a pleasant surprize. I have driven by this place for the past four years and decided to try it because I wanted an Italian sub. I am sorry I have missed out on a delicious sub. You order at the counter. The owner was extrememly polite. They make the subs fresh to order. You will wait for them to make it. It's worth it. The bread was soft and fresh. The #7 was delicious. The combination of the meat, tomatoes, mayo, dressing, bananna peppers and lettuce were perfect. The Godfather is another good choice. This one is heated. The combination of melted cheeses, meat and tomatoes melted in your mouth.
The place is located right outside of college hill on 10th street. The lady behind the counter was very nice as well. If your in Greenville, NC it's worth stopping in for a sub. the price is right, restaurant is clean and the staff are friendly.

4  Thank lvmylabrador