“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I found this place about two years ago and have been back a number of times Don knows me by name LOL. I love this place ! Absolutely quiet and clean Don goes above and beyond to make sure your needs are met and that you have a pleasant stay. I have always found my experience to be wonderful and I would recommend staying at Affordable suites to anyone. Its my home away from home !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Greenville, North Carolina Affordable Suites from November 16, 2012 til February 17, 2013. During my stay Manager Don Niemesh was most friendly,curteous and professional. He welcomed me at my arrival and was most outgoing during the times I needed his assistance. His knowledge of the area, its history, places to visit, eat, etc was most helpful and probably saved hours on most of my trips both local and long distance. Don and his staff of housekeepers were very much concerned about the safety,security and cleanliness of my suite. The housekeepers were very thorough and reliable and made sure that I lived in a clean environmentally friendly room. The suite was very accomodating, warm, excellent view of the neighborhood and quiet. I experienced no loud party's, parking was no problem and the outside grounds were always clean and well kept up. The laundry room was clean and very affordable and copies of the local paper were delivered daily. The location was excellent, less than 10 minutes from downtown. I would recommend this fine hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay for any length of time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

They are suites. They are affordable.
The neighborhood is quiet.The rooms are relatively spacious and clean. Includes a fridge, table, chairs, microwave. If that's all you are looking for, it fits the bill. Anything else? Forget it!
No dishes, no glasses, no silver, no shampoo, no WIFi. I couldn't get the cable internet to work and by the time I figured that out, there was no one in the office to help.
No pool, exercise room, no breakfast, no coffee in the reception.
Staff is friendly.. if you a fortunate to catch them while they are in. But I got in really late. My sister-in-law was wise to the idiosyncrasies of the owner, and picked up my key ahead of time. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I would have gotten in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AdTechLady
Greenville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have to travel alot in my business and spend extended periods at client sites. I spent nearly 6 months here and it was great! Great value, great room! I wish places like this were near all my client sites. And to top it off, the site manager will go the extra distance to make your stay, well, great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joel R
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

weeks and found it very comfortable. The previous poster must have been directed to the Manager Dons' room after hours. Very clean and quiet. I've stayed at 1 other Affordable Suite and had a TV in the bedroom and living room. Thats why this one only gets a 4! I would definately stay at one of these again...I travel for a living and always check to see if they have one of these franchises where ever I'm traveling to. Best deal without being cooped up in 1 room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Went to check in. NO ONE at a front desk, but was directed by a sign to some DUDE's Hotel Room. I stayed at real hotel in town instead. As a single woman I am NOT going to some guy's room to check in!

This is NOT a hotel. I was made to feel uncomfortable if I didn't go to wake some guy up in HIS room at 9PM.

When I complained, They were rude, used foul language and were simply unethical. They refused to give me my money back - for ALL the nights I had booked even though i canceled in plenty of time for the next days.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

I have stayed here three times for business travel (Oct 2010, Nov 2010, and Dec 2010), each time for 5-8 days.

The first time (Oct 2010), I was wary: Good amenities + cheap prices. I didn't make sense. But ... I was pleasantly surprised. For cheaper than a hotel room, you get a suite with kitchen facilities. The rooms are clean. The hotel is quiet. And, Pam, the manager, is extremely nice. Hence, I stayed here on the other visits + recommended this to my business colleagues.

Also, for $5, you get access to the Viquest fitness center ... the best gym in town. It's only a 5 minute drive away from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business