“It is what it is”

Affordable Suites of America, Greenville
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed August 19, 2012

They are suites. They are affordable.
The neighborhood is quiet.The rooms are relatively spacious and clean. Includes a fridge, table, chairs, microwave. If that's all you are looking for, it fits the bill. Anything else? Forget it!
No dishes, no glasses, no silver, no shampoo, no WIFi. I couldn't get the cable internet to work and by the time I figured that out, there was no one in the office to help.
No pool, exercise room, no breakfast, no coffee in the reception.
Staff is friendly.. if you a fortunate to catch them while they are in. But I got in really late. My sister-in-law was wise to the idiosyncrasies of the owner, and picked up my key ahead of time. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I would have gotten in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AdTechLady

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have to travel alot in my business and spend extended periods at client sites. I spent nearly 6 months here and it was great! Great value, great room! I wish places like this were near all my client sites. And to top it off, the site manager will go the extra distance to make your stay, well, great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joel R
Reviewed February 9, 2012

weeks and found it very comfortable. The previous poster must have been directed to the Manager Dons' room after hours. Very clean and quiet. I've stayed at 1 other Affordable Suite and had a TV in the bedroom and living room. Thats why this one only gets a 4! I would definately stay at one of these again...I travel for a living and always check to see if they have one of these franchises where ever I'm traveling to. Best deal without being cooped up in 1 room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Went to check in. NO ONE at a front desk, but was directed by a sign to some DUDE's Hotel Room. I stayed at real hotel in town instead. As a single woman I am NOT going to some guy's room to check in!

This is NOT a hotel. I was made to feel uncomfortable if I didn't go to wake some guy up in HIS room at 9PM.

When I complained, They were rude, used foul language and were simply unethical. They refused to give me my money back - for ALL the nights I had booked even though i canceled in plenty of time for the next days.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I have stayed here three times for business travel (Oct 2010, Nov 2010, and Dec 2010), each time for 5-8 days.

The first time (Oct 2010), I was wary: Good amenities + cheap prices. I didn't make sense. But ... I was pleasantly surprised. For cheaper than a hotel room, you get a suite with kitchen facilities. The rooms are clean. The hotel is quiet. And, Pam, the manager, is extremely nice. Hence, I stayed here on the other visits + recommended this to my business colleagues.

Also, for $5, you get access to the Viquest fitness center ... the best gym in town. It's only a 5 minute drive away from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank resourcesaver
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We didn't know what to expect with everything being booked in town due to ecu having a game against nc state this weekend. I came into town to attend my husbands class reunion. After looking forever we came across this hotel and the price was great. Plus it has a full kitchen and amenities for you to use onsite. There was even a grill outside for our use. The manager Pam was very friendly and made sure we were very comfortable. It was like having an expensive hotel suite for half the price. I would definitely tell my friends about this place. Soo clean, quiet and friendly service!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple