“Great Place!”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
“Great Place!”
Reviewed November 18, 2004

I have stayed at the City Hotel and Bistro on several occasions visiting my daughter who was a student at ECU and found the hotel to be exceptionally clean and nicely furnished. All of the staff members were friendly and helpful and on one occasion when there was a problem with my reservation, the general manager was right there to quickly remedy the problem. I am sorry to hear that one such customer at the city hotel and bistro had problems (see comments on trip advisor), she truly is a misrepresentation of the quality service that the city hotel and bistro provides. If you are looking for a nice, peaceful hotel, at a reasonable rate, than the city hotel and bistro is the place to stay!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed November 18, 2004

I stayed at the City Hotel in October. The rooms were very nice. They have all the amenities you need. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. I ate dinner in the Bistro and stayed for the entertainment. The food was delicious and the band was great. I would recommend the City Hotel over all other hotels in Greenville! It is the BEST!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2004

I have recently stayed at this hotel and attended a wedding reception. The rooms, service and food was excellent. The banquet food was delicious and the newly remodeled lobby is something to see. This hotel goes overboard for their guests. I highly recommend any event or a small stay with the City Hotel & Bistro.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2004

stayed 3 nights recently for a conference....staff was very friendly and helpful. King-room was huge, and the mini-fridge was a great bonus. Plenty of working/desk space. Good food in restaurant/bar, at great prices.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 5, 2004

The Ramada Plaza Hotel is now named the City Hotel and Bistro. I had a wedding at this hotel and everything went wrong at the reception. The food was terrible. The mash potatoes and gravy was running off my guest plate. The fried chicken was so salty it looked like the cook poured bags of salt on the chicken. The macaroni and cheese did not look or taste like mac and cheese it was just yellow. the manager and I had a disagreement at the reception. The manager promise me alot of things but at my reception she did not remember telling me any thing she promise. I have learned put everything in writing and do not go on anyone word. I complain to the general manager about the food and the manager conduct . She said "You are not telling the truth. I have known this manager for two years and I have never had a complaint on this manager. (I guess my complaint does not count.) I know her and she is not like that". When I tried to speak, the general manager said,"this conversation is now over." I told her I was going to the local news to tell the public how they treat customers after they have paid all their money for a event. The general manager said "I could careless what you do. We have events every weekend. " So, future customers of the City hotel and Bistro, I advise you to spend a little more at the Hilton Hotel for your events then to go to the City Hotels and Bistro. I spend alot of money on the City Hotel and Bistro for my wedding and after this hotel got full payment on my event. I got second hand service. I hope the owner of the City Hotel and Bistro read this review. So, he well know how his managers and general manager treat customers at his hotel. I hope know other customer at this hotel be treated the way I was treated. But, I advise again , go to the Hiltion Hotel for your special events. And to the owner of the City Hotel and Bistro , the general manager really needs to be replaced.

31 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Greenville hotels
Best Western Plus Suites-Greenville
#7 of 21 in Greenville
Residence Inn Greenville
Residence Inn Greenville
#5 of 21 in Greenville

Been to Holiday Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Greenville

Property: Holiday Inn Greenville
Address: 203 SW Greenville Blvd, Greenville, NC 27834-6907 (Formerly City Hotel & Bistro)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Greenville
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Greenville 3*
Come and join us at the NEW award winning Holiday Inn of Greenville, NC. We strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience! We have been fully renovated and became an IHG Property in June of 2015. We have apartment suites available for extended stays along with our standard king size rooms and rooms with two queen size beds. We are a pet friendly hotel. There is a $75 non-refundable pet fee. We have ADA handicapped accessible rooms available. Each room is equipped with a mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our new H.I. Restaurant and Bar serves breakfast and dinner daily, along with delicious spirits! Come and see us at the new Holiday Inn of Greenville, NC...and "Stay real, Be You!" ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Hotel And Bistro