“Very nice stay”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here for a few days while visiting friends. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and staff was friendly. The only problem we had was the toilet did not flush properly but they addressed it right away. They also gave us one complementary breakfast buffet which was unexpected and the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen at a hotel that didnt charge an arm and a leg. We would definitely stay again. Very clean NO BUGS.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cara L
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Greenville

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference at the local university. This hotel is perfectly adequate. The location is good, it was clean, the staff was professional, the water was hot, and the wireless worked fine. However, I should mention that the decor is extremely dated. The carpet is red, the fixtures are brass, and the television wasn't a flat screen. The exercise room was in a very small space, but it was equipped fine. It felt a bit like a long closet. It was so tight, that I decided to skip my workout. The breakfast buffet was average (oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and french toast sticks).

This wouldn't be my choice of hotel for a vacation stay, but it was just fine for work travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gerrelyn P
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Recently booked a "management meeting" at this property. Excellent location for my travelers. Great value. The hot breakfast buffet was delicious, my travelers all raved about the varied menu selection, juice bar and coffee was hot! The bar right off the lobby was great for winding down after their long meetings. Pool area clean.
I enjoyed working with the sales team, very accommodating to me as well as the staff to my group. All in all a great value for my company and for my travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I booked a smoking double room. Upon check in, no smoking double room was available. The only thing was a King. As that was not acceptable, had to take the non-smoking room. I was not happy. The room, bed, bar, restaurant, etc were excellent but the front desk staff were not willing to do anything about the room situation.

Room Tip: Don't count on getting what you booked. And the front desk is not helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane E
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at the Hilton when visiting the convention center but I booked my room too late and they were full so being that this hotel was so close I went ahead and booked. I will start with the positives. Front desk was very nice and helpful! The breakfast buffet was good and had a nice selection of food and again staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean although it smelled like smoke and I was in a non smoking room. A/C worked well and I had hot water. Now the negatives- smoke smell, dated interior, old tube television that was tiny and didn't have many channel options. The standing fridge with really old, dingy microwave sitting on top gave me the feeling of being in a cheap motel... Ordered room service and it was brought up promptly but the server came in a tshirt and cut off Jean shorts. It was a bit odd. The plates were chipped on the edges and the sour cream was milky so I didn't use it. I won't be staying here again. My belief is that it probably does a decent amount of business due to the location. More of a motel than hotel... It could be very nice if they did some major updating and renovating.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mandyb192
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed for an event at the convention center. The walk is a little longer from that hotel but the price was worth the walk. The value was great compared to closer hotels and the room was comfortable. We had no problems with hot water. The breakfast is absolutely delicious. It is a buffet and not your regular "hotel breakfast." The front desk personnel were kind and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pirategirlecu
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed here half a dozen times, usually for an event in the hotel or next door at the convention center, and I've never been disappointed. This is a higher-end hotel (for this area), with Drexel furniture, king beds, and fridge/microwave in each room.

Service is always good, and the place is certainly worth the price $89 for two people, including breakfast.

The rooms are always clean, quiet, and well furnished. The pillows and mattress are very comfortable, so sleep quality is always excellent. The wireless Internet can be a tad difficult to log on, but signal quality is very good.

Breakfast is a real breakfast buffet, and not the usual garbage that some motels toss at you. Real scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, french toast strips, hot oatmeal, biscuits, toast, hash browns, sausage gravy, fruit, plus the expected collection of cereals, Danish, etc. The buffet is constantly attended, and the food is fresh and hot. All you can eat. This breakfast would cost $10-12 at a restaurant.

I'll definitely be back.