“HAD A GREAT EXPIERENCE..”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here during a 4 day personal weekend trip... Hotel was so accommodating providing shuttle service to and from the airport driver was amazing and so helpful with luggage and even brought me to do some local shopping before i checked in.. Front desk staff was friendly informative and extremely helpful.. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of the hallways lobby and the room i stayed in was on the 3rd floor non smoking room... Was comfortable quiet and peaceful... My overall experience was great... I will always stay here at the city hotel and bistro every-time i head into Greenville.. Pricing was reasonable and they also accommodated my late check considering my flight back to Rhode Island was at 7pm for a reasonable fee i was able to stay at a later check out..

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor was clean peaceful quiet .. No complaints
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a class reunion visit. Clean and comfortable hotel. Close to restaurants, convention center and stores. They have bands that play on certain nights and they played a variety of music. Good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My advice, stay at this wonderful hotel for business or leisure. I was always greeted by a helpful and courteous staff, which is always a good sign. The room and bathroom were always sparkling clean, and my stay was relaxing and peaceful! I was able to get my work done as well as rest, which is the winning combination for me. I always need peace and quiet and was surrounded by it every night. The dining facility was awesome. The buffet selection was large (always something to my liking) and the food was eaten off of real plates with silverware. Most hotels have paper plates and plastic utensils. The location of the hotel is great (surrounded by loads of stores to shop at). Overall, my stay was SUPERB and I highly recommend this hotel.
It’s a 5 star facility!!!!!

Room Tip: I love the top floor avoiding heavy walkers over my head.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place to lay your head down at the end of the day! Even though I was in a non-smoking room, the entire hallway leading up to the room smelled like smoke. YUCK. The free continental breakfast was good; however, I wish they offered a better variety of healthier foods. If you were trying to be healthy, you really only had oatmeal to choose from in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank illini511
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a very good visit here. The accommodations were nice (though you could tell it was not a brand new hotel), the building seemed very secure, and as mentioned by a number of others, the included breakfast was awesome! The hotel had at least a couple of elevators and we were on the third floor. Saturday night had a very awesome cover band and though not exclusive to our event, it was very enjoyable. There was a wedding party or two that were here during the same time we were here and that was fine. I'm giving this a review of 4 stars, but I'm not sure that there was anything really wrong with our stay; if I had to be critical of anything, maybe the smaller TV (32"?) and the long walk from the front desk to our room. The breakfast buffet was excellent as were the staff who kept it up. Hotel is convenient to Wal-Mart and I believe a McDonalds too across the road. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Every monday we have a Mary Kay pampering night out. We order food afterwards. I must say Thethe food is consistently good. The wings are delicious,the cobb salad excellent. We order appetizers and share Everyone raves about the food. They have a blackened chicken wrap that is wonderful. The quesadillas are worth ordering. Overall they have wonderful food. My compliments to the chef for your consistency.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is an older Ramada, but as a solo traveler I found it to be a secure destination. I looked at other places in Greenville, but didn't like the unsecure balcony on the outside of the building. The price was very reasonable, compared to the other places that I reseached, and security is priceless. The lobby at the City Hotel and Bistro is nice, and the staff was great .My room was clean, and I will return next time I plan a visit to Greenville. Nice to see a building refurbished instead of torn down.

Room Tip: Rooms without a view of the Blvd. are quiter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo