“Made it Right/1st Stay or Weekend School”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Grandy, North Carolina
“Made it Right/1st Stay or Weekend School”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Well kept older nice hotel, its clean and front desk is excellent, kind, helpful quick to make things right...when i checked in this stay, I was so tired and ready for rest. The room at first glance was clean and in order, a little damp but used to humidity in the south and they had a humidifier in the room. I pulled the covers back and the fitted sheet was barely on and inside out. My first thought was its ok and housekeeping was in a hurry. Then my second thought was housekeeping could have just flipped it over, UGH. probably not true, but I couldn't rest thinking about it. Called the front desk and hated to complain but the young lady quickly said, "its ok we will move you" I was in my pjs at this point and she said "no worries its just a door or two down and I will help you move your stuff".The next room was PERFECT for a one night stay. The two front desk ladies that evening were fantastic customer service and Ashley who does the room service is very nice too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tyrann T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked our stay for August 18 - August 20th (We were moving our daughter into her dormroom at ECU). I booked our reeservations through Expedia and paid at the time of booking. The first night we stayed, we walked into the room and the carpet felt "cold and a little damp) but was freshly vacumed. I didn't think much of it until my husband saw a portable humidifier underneath the desk in our room, which was full and he had to dump out. It was late, we were tired from the move so we took showers and went to bed. The next day we woke, ate breakfast downstairs, which was "okay" and left for ECU to take our daughter shopping. Upon our return to the room, we opened the door and a "stentch you would not believe" was in our room--it was so bad, my husband stopped one of the housekeepers in the hall to tell her "to come smell it"--and asked what the smell was.She said "Oh, that's the room that was accidentally flooded--is the carpet still wet ?--We called downstairs, the manager moved us, never said I'm sorry for the accommodations--nothing. We later spoke to Santiago at the front desk that informed us he couldn't "comp" the first night because we already paid thru Expedia. We asked about him if they could "comp" one night for parent's weekend (which I booked well in advance of this visit) he said, no--you booked it already thru Priceline. He said he would comp one nuight of a future stay (after parents weekend)--That will never happen, we will not book here again. Still no apologies from manager on duty for what happened.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kellie D
New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Travelled to Greenville to move my son into ECU. Have stayed there before when he was a freshman and remembered they had a good breakfast that was included. Since the price was the same as all others I figured i would book again.
After travelling for 10 hours we checked in only to find out our key didnt work and had to wait in the hallway with our luggage until someone went to find out what was wrong. Finally they gave us another room, which hallway smelled like skunks Didnt make a big deal since we were tired and wanted to relax and eat something. Bar, bartender and enteterataiment was very good.
The next day after returning for moving our son into ECU, once again to find out our key didnt work the side door and had to walk around the building to get in. When we got to our room at 7:30 that evening (12 hours after we left) to find that the bed wasnt made and the towels were removed from the bathroom! My wife had to track someone down for to get towels.
I am nornally not one to complain but felt i would mention something when i checked out the next morning. When I did, the person at the front desk seemed very un concerned only to say "if everything on your bill we put under your door is correct, you are checked out"
Having a long ride ahead, i just left knowing i will be coming down for football games, parents weekend, to get him at Christmas and next spring and will not be using tham again.
Maybe it was just a string of bad luck but i wont be subjecting myself and my wife to that again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We only stayed one night for a HS Reunion. The hotel was clean & older, but well maintained. The staff was fantastic, very accomodating and the event staff running the Reunion in their ballroom was on top of everything. The bartender was exceptionally nice, well versed in mixology; the catering staff made sure that as the ordered food ran out that they compacted it making it look fuller and not so sparse; and even though they didn't have a "wait staff" per say, they did have several people coming around to clear tables and asking to fill non-alcoholic beverages. Overall, everyone did a very good job of making our stay comfortable and making the High School Reunion a successful event!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have planned and held several event at the City Hotel and Bistro during the past year. I found the room accomadtions more than adequate with upgrades having been made and more coming. The resturant serves quality food and the service has been outstanding. My events were relatively small 20 to 30 people but some were held at the same time other larger groups with in the facility. when that happed I never saw a drop in quality or service. The manage team in place has done an great job in assembling a quality driven team. I reccommend this place to anyone needing to host an event for up to 100 people.

Room Tip: I always have used a king room and each one used has exceeded my expectations. Rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were traveling with our small dog and it was one of the few hotels in the area to accept them, so that was our number one reason; we were in the area checking it out as a possible option to move here; the hotel was clean, had granite counters and showers, but older carpet, nice bedding material though that seemed very clean, bed were comfortable, older TVs, but adequate, not flat screens, breakfast was VERY GOOD and not just continental, it was a true southern with grits, scrambled eggs to die for, toast, biscuits, yum, and excellent coffee, strong and hot, I am a starbucks junkie and this coffee was pretty darn good, not a bad place really.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor near the end, good area and good a/c in the room that was cool and not...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
candace0904, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greenville, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you!
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were in Greenview for our Granddaughter's graduation from ECU. The room was in excellent condition, staff was very friendly, breakfast was great. We found the staff and music in the Bistro room to be great. By the way we did not find any grease in our breakfast at all.
Thanks to all of you for a very pleasant stay. Hope we will be back someday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon. Go Pirates!!!