“Reasonable Prices, Decent Staff and Really Good Prime Rib.”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #17 of 280 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 7, 2012

November 24, 2012 (recent visit). Myself and my boyfriend always split the largest offering of Prime Rib (rare) there. And next to mine, I would say it is one of the best in this area (Eastern NC east of Hwy 17). The staff are always very nice. And the prices are very reasonable.

Yes, it can be quite crowded on a Friday or Saturday night, especially if there is an event going on in the area such as a graduation from ECU or Pitt.... or an ECU home game of some sort. So plan accordingly! Still a 30 minute wait is worth it.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a restaurant, the top priority should be the quality of the food. I am realistic when I eat out. I realize that the steak that you get at a restaurant is usually not nearly as good as a steak that you season yourself and cook at home. With that idea in mind, they serve a decent steak. However, the rest of their food is generally covered in butter, cheese, grease, or some combination thereof. You don't have to disguise the taste of the vegetable. I like vegetables. At home, I tend to cook healthier food. So neither my fiance nor myself could really handle the amount of grease in the meals that we had.

The service is horrible. If you go on a Friday or Saturday evening, be prepared for a long wait. But then, it's a college town. So that's not really out of the ordinary. The experience did not improve once we got a table. The waitress spent much of her time batting her eyelashes and shaking her butt at my fiance. I understand it though. He's a good looking guy and that's how waitresses in college towns make their tips. I chose to ignore it. She was so busy with that, she apparently forgot that I was there because she neglected to get me a drink until my fiance pointed it out. Besides occasionally coming to the table and asking him how he was enjoying himself, we didn't see her. Nothing was refreshed unless he called her to the table. I hope it taught her something of a lesson when I pulled out my wallet to pay for the meal and she barely got a tip at all.

When you own a business, you either have to have a good product or good service. In my opinion, this place has neither. If I want a steak in Greenville, I'll go to Logan's from now on.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I love the Texas Roadhouse. This place always has a lively atmosphere. The waitresses are nice, and the food is great. Steaks are thick, juicy, and flavorful. Salads are crisp, cold, and fresh. I really do not have anything negative to say about the Texas Roadhouse. It does tend to be a bit noisy for some people, but this should not be an issue unless you have an infant, or you want a very quiet place.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

It was busy on a Friday night, I knew service wouldn't be as great as it otherwise could be. But when we asked our server for steak sauce, he never brought it back. But, he did have time to stop and talk to a girl in the aisle for at least five minutes. I got someone else to get me sauce.

About that time the manager walked up and asked if everything was okay. I said yes, "except we need some A-1, but she's getting it for us." I know he was sort of joking, but he basically chastised us for putting A-1 on a "handcut steak." (How special, because on my planet, steaks are cut with a magic laser beam that shoots out of a monkey's backside...but I digress).

I know some people think steak shouldn't be "ruined" with steak sauce, but I happen to like A-1 and it's really none of his business or anyone else's what i want to eat on my steak. Nothing like making a customer feel uncomfortable to set the mood for dinner.

Also, my chili side dish was so lukewarm it would not melt the cheddar cheese. I would have said something to the server but he never came back until I was done with my steak. Never asked us how our food was or checked on us. And, he never brought A-1, and never apologized for not bringing A-1.

And, he never asked me why I didn't eat my chili side.

I'm sure he didn't like his tip, but I didn't care for the service and I won't go back. Four of us had no alcohol and dinner was $80. Not going to pay that when I can cook a better steak and at home for 1/4 the price.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My son, daughter and granddaughter accompanied me to the Texas Roadhouse this weekend. I, personally, had one of the best ribeyes I have eaten in a long time. It was seasoned perfectly and cooked exactly as ordered, medium rare. The prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is a little noisy, which is fine with us. It kinda goes with the type of restaurant. My son ordered pull pork and my granddaughter had grilled shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We did have about a 15-minute wait, but it was a Friday night, 6:30 p.m. and parents were in town getting their kids back to college. All-in-all, I would recommend the place for a great meal in a relaxed environment.