“Good, but not much imagination”
Review of University Chophouse - CLOSED

University Chophouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenville Boulevard
Laguna Niguel, California
“Good, but not much imagination”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Food was typical Chop house fair - done well. The vegetables were good, Portions were rather large- our calamari was enough to feed a family! Service was good. I liked being in a booth, which gave us a lot of privacy for the meal. Overall a good experience, but not outstanding

Visited March 2013

Greenville, North Carolina
“Not a very good experience.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Walked in and the young man who was hosting ignored us for the 1st minute we stood there, he was working on something or doodling, I don't know. Does not sound like a long time, but it is if your standing there being ignored with no one else around. Would not have been that big of a deal, but next we were sat and no server ever came to our table. I had to go back up to the front 10 minutes later to ask if someone was coming. At the front the manager, host and a server were chatting. The server apologized and said she was never told she had a new table, which was believable. A terrible way to start your dinner out. The only reason I put three stars is because the food was good. Hopefully they have tightened up the service end.

• Visited August 2012
“Never on a Sunday”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Food is normally excellent but they have changed the menu and on Sunday evening (and during day) it's family style. If I want fried chicken I can go to a dozen other places in town. It may be very good but not what we expect or want. I would highly recommend for dining any other day of the week.

2 Thank Phantom58
“Not quite excellent but close”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I came on a date here for the first time and honestly didn't know what to expect as we thought the name of the place was odd, as was the location. Small things to be picky about but I noticed them, none the less. The hostesses were a little less friendly than I had hoped. Walking in and viewing the bar seating area, it looks like a warm, inviting atmosphere but the actual dining room we were sat in was sparse and uninviting. Also, the chairs sat so low to the ground, I was uncomfortable and I'm only 5'3. Again, just odd little things. While it was a cold night outside and the patio was not open, it was lit up and looked beautiful and romantic. Our service was excellent and I wish I could remember the young man's name that took such great care of us. I had the shrimp and grits and the dish was fantastic! We would return.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey but worth it”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the Chop House about five times and have always enjoyed it. I typically get the salmon, which is excellent, but I tried the prime rib at this visit. I like my steak well done, and this was cooked to perfection without being ovef done. The salads are amazing and the steamed broccoli was perfect. I don't usually order dessert, but I couldn't resist the chocolate creme brulee. It was decadent. Overall a wonderful place to eat but a bit pricey.