“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Swoyersville, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was in Greenville for faculty interview (usually use Marriott, but couldn't). Given previous reviews, what to expect. To summarize, I was treated as well as I am in a Marriott (and I'm a Gold member). Suite was fine, front desk and General Manager (Jose) were excellent and accommodating. Housekeeping was good (to be picky, didn't replenish in-room coffee, but that was the only less than perfect aspect in the three days there) and housekeepers were friendly and helpful. It appears to me that Jose has turned the place around. They were also a great source of local information.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PA_traveler_9
MicrotelGreenville, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear PA_traveler_9,
We appreciate the time you took to write a review and describe your experience at our Microtel Inn & Suites here on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Jose Morales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed at the Microtel Inn and Suites University Medical Park and had a wonderful experience. The room is very small however it suited our needs perfectly as we were only staying for one night and with the name "microtel" - "small hotel" we weren't expecting a gigantic hotel suite. If you have ever traveled to Europe...it's similar in size to European hotel rooms. The front desk was very warm, welcoming, and helpful when we arrived. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very nice with multiple options to choose from (cereal, bagels, waffles, muffins, coffee, juice, and yogurt - besides the waffles no other hot food items) and the staff was excellent at making sure that everything was stocked and clean as people came throughout the morning. I did use the fitness room and found it to be clean and in order. The elliptical machine and treadmill are in excellent condition and my husband and I both had a good morning workout before breakfast. The only issue that made me mark this rating as "very good" instead of "excellent" was the air conditioning in the room. Each room has it's own individual air-conditioning unit that kicks on when the room temperature warms above a certain temp and then kicks off when it cools to a certain temp. I am sure that this is an air conditioning system that is energy efficient however it is loud when it kicks on and off and I initially had to get adjusted to it before falling asleep. But, once I adjusted to it, I fell asleep and had a good night's rest! This is truly a nice lil' spot that I will return to again as a pit stop on our way to our North Carolina vacation destination. If you are looking for a fancy-schmancy hotel this is not your spot. This is a simple, clean, lil'hotel room good for a short stay (and with such a great price...who could complain?)!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MicrotelGreenville, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear CLo777,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and genuine detail descriptions of our Microtel Inn & Suites here on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. Again, thanks for the positive feedback.
Staten Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at this Microtel. I was treated with hospitality and was given an excellent room. There was ZERO noise and the room is up to date and had all of the amenities that you would need. I planned to stay only 3 days at this hotel and ended up staying for 4. This hotel has a Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop about 40ft away. I would definitely recommend this hotel if one were to stay in this town. They also offer a breakfast bar which I did not get a chance to partake of as I'm a late sleeper :)

Room Tip: A good room is one on a top floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear ZeeMee,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our Microtel Inn & Suites here on Trip Advisor. We have been working hard to provide everyone with the outermost experience at our Microtel Inn & Suites and I’m glad to receive this great feedback from you. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. Thank you for the positive feedback.
Mount Airy, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here due to close location to ECU, and value. The staff were courteous and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had 2 queen beds which was around $70 per night. The continental breakfast was free, and coffee was available gratis throughout the night. There is a sub shop next door for convenience. Due to the low cost, friendly staff, and value, we will stay here again while visiting our children at ECU.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
microtelgville, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear JSTRAVELOR,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property here on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be our guest again. Again, thanks for the positive feedback.

Elizabeth Vassallo
Efland, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had just stayed in 3 different Hampton Inns for more than twice the price, when we chose Microtel for the last night of our trip. Of course the Hampton rooms were a little more luxurious (a tad larger, bigger bathroom counter, etc.), but for $70 less than the Hampton for a 2 queen-bed room (we paid less than $59), we got everything that mattered: very clean room, comfortable beds, plenty of closet and drawer space, microwave and fridge,ultra friendly service--much better than at any Hampton Inn-- nice seating area in lobby and dining rooms, adequate free breakfast bar. And did I mention friendly service? Instant response to even the smallest request!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear diana b,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on our Microtel Inn Suites- Greenville NC. We are grateful for you taking the time to express your experience at our property. Again, Thank You for your valuable feed back to our Microtel Inn & Suites-Greenville NC.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

The first room I got was horrible!! The bed had a huge dent in it and was very uncomfortable and room was not clean so they switched me to another room and it was just as bad. Figured I was only going to be there for one night so stayed anyway. Remote in room was broken had to go downstairs and front desk just put more tape on back so batteries would stay in. In morning when told staff that the bed was horrible and didnt have a good experience she just said sorry and continued to check me out. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monica K
Dear Monica K,
I want to Thank You for taking the time to write a review on our Microtel Inn Suites- Greenville NC. I want to personally apologize for the cleanliness of room, and want to ensure you that we take our room quality and service seriously. On your next visit to the area let me know and I would personally take care of your reservations needs. Again, Thank You for your valuable feed back to our Microtel Inn & Suites-Greenville NC.
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed for personal reasons. Read the other reviews and chose this hotel. Front desk staff was there to do their job...but not very friendly. The room itself was a bit dirty. I was surprised since I knew the hotel wasn't very old. The bathroom really needed to be cleaned. Good location. Next to a Jimmy Johns, which was helpful in a pinch. Overall not horrible...but could have been better. Price was good. Purchased on Priceline.com.

Room Tip: I like a room near an exit on the first floor. Helps when coming in and out.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Indy_colts2009
MicrotelGreenville, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Indy_Tmtip,
I want to Thank You for taking the time to write a review on our Microtel Inn Suites- Grenville NC. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to express your experience at our property and location. I want to personally apologize for the cleanliness of the bathroom, and want to ensure you that this is not a reflection of our room quality and service. On your next visit to the area let me know and I would personally take care of your reservations needs. Again, Thank You for your valuable feed back to our Microtel Inn & Suites-Greenville NC.