“Great hotel for the price. Clean and quiet!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
north carolina
“Great hotel for the price. Clean and quiet!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this Microtel for one night in August for my Graduate School orientation at ECU. It was a clean, affordable hotel with friendly front desk staff. No funny smells. Breakfast was your average continental breakfast but for the price, who cares? Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby and they were able to get me an iron when mine didn't work. I could have walked to the College of Nursing from the hotel and only drove because it was so hot down there. The only "issue" we had was noisy corridors at night. You can hear every move your neighbors make and every door slam. Other than that, good stay for good price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
microtelgville, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Bethinnc82,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely appreciate your kind review for our future guests to read here on TripAdvisor. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts in such a helpful manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Somewhere in Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Girl at front desk was very nice and helpful. That's about the only nice thing I have to say about this place. The suite I was put in was a throwback from the 70's and it reeked of cat urine. I could still smell it the morning after I ran out of there to never look back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a visit to ECU. Newer, clean hotel located across from the hospital. Modern rooms, fresh finish, comfy window seat. ECU college themed sandwich shop located adjacent to hotel

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
MicrotelGreenville, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Hoofhearted02:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are grateful to have had you as our guest. We are appreciative of your kind words for our future guests to read and grateful for your comments. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts in such a thorough manner.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed here for our daughter's graduation from ECU. This is a fairly new hotel located behind the hospital, which was good since I was traveling with older relatives. This is a smoke free environment and the hotel smelled clean. The staff was great! Breakfast was what I expected for continental, but good. The dining area was small but clean. They offered pizza & cookies in the lobby every evening & coffee all day. Beds were comfortable & bathrooms were clean, and it was quiet. There is a really good sub shop located in the parking lot of the hotel. Even though they did not offer any discounts, I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: room with 2 queen is cheaper and just as nice
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear MC321:
I want to thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We were honored to have you stay with us and are appreciative of your kind words for our future guests to read. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and thoughts in such a detailed manner.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The "window seat" cushion was covered in stains and the bathroom floor had not even been swept. I found hairs in each of the 4 towels in my bathroom as well as littering the floor and was thoroughly grossed out. It's a shame that a newer hotel like this just isn't kept clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sarahbrit:
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize about your experience the condition you found the room. We have addressed your comments at our staff meetings and have made significant changes to avoid future mishaps.. Again, thank you for taking the time to post this review and we would like to hear from you on your next trip to Greenville as it will allow us the opportunity to make things right with you. We truly appreciate you being our guest and value your feedback.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed for a week on busisness. I had a one day reservation follwed by a five day reservation. I was assured I could stay in the same room without a hitch. When I returned after the first long day of work, I was locked out of the hotel, key did not work and all of my belongings were put in bags in the mamangers office. Just what I wanted at one in the morning. Seems they wanted a new imprint of my creit card for the next five night stay. On check out the 'system' was down so they siad they would fax my receipt. Never did so I had to call. When they did, it was charged to the incorrect credit card.

This was my first time in a Microtel (and last) and the rooms are tiny. Perhaps they are at all of this chain. Also the lighting was like at an airport runway, no low comfortable settings. Alarm clock did not work either.

Room was noisy in the wee hours of the morning.

The staff was pleasant enough, no complaints there. Breakfast choices limited but well stocked and maintained.

Location is good for the medical center area, but far away from the main shopping and restaurants.

I got a very nice price booking in advance but will stay at another hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
microtelgville, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
We do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Since your stay; we have a new general manager who has devoted additional time to front desk training which includes new procedures to handle similar situations. We would like for you to give us another try. I am confident that the new systems we have implemented will create a better experience.
Miami
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here three nights while visiting family. Room was good size and the bed comfortable. Nice large flat screen TV and good air conditioning. But rug was a bit dirty and the bathroom faucet wasn't bolted down. Also wall thermostat didn't work and had to use controls on air conditioner. Also one night small bug crawled across bed while I was watching TV. But it was only one I had in room. I agree with other reviewer that walls are a bit thin. I could easily hear TV in next room. I would say a room here is worth the $58 rate that was advertised on front billboard but not any more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo